logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Damn2Good4U  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:38:59 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi,

I need help in setting up my audio correctly in vMix.

I know Martin gave a step by step setup here - http://forums.vmix.com.a...ts&m=11167#post11167 which of course I followed, but because i am using an external mixer and my presenter is in another separate room, i couldn't get the audio out to them via the mixer and also to eliminating them hearing themselves back (feedback)

The audio from the guys in the studio goes to the caller straight up, but the audio from the caller cannot be sent to the studio

My mixer is a Behringer 1204USB Mixer.

My question now is how to get the audio from vMix to the studio monitor with the callers audio as well as isolating the studio voice from feeding back..?

Your help here will be appreciated.
Len56  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 2:03:52 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I don't know if this will help, there is a video on youtube of a guy using the same mixer as you are, he explains how to do a mix minus, see link below.

Damn2Good4U  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:44:13 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Len56 wrote:
I don't know if this will help, there is a video on youtube of a guy using the same mixer as you are, he explains how to do a mix minus, see link below.

Many thanks Len56... for the info... but it caters for if i am the only one doing the show and more so, where everything is installed on a single PC... to avoid feedbacks etc...

I want to pass through the callers voice to the studio monitor while the people in the studio will talk and not hear their own voice from the same studio monitor to avoid looping and feedback...

With 2 PC is its very easy to accomplish...
GeorgeR  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:26:05 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Damn2Good4U wrote:
Len56 wrote:

Many thanks Len56... for the info... but it caters for if i am the only one doing the show and more so, where everything is installed on a single PC... to avoid feedbacks etc...

I want to pass through the callers voice to the studio monitor while the people in the studio will talk and not hear their own voice from the same studio monitor to avoid looping and feedback...

With 2 PC is its very easy to accomplish...

You might check out a post by Martin using audio software called Audio Cable with Skype. Think he uses it all the time.

http://forums.vmix.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2518