logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michael.helland  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 11:01:14 AM(UTC)
michael.helland

Groups: Registered

I just upgraded to the latest version of Livestream for Producers and it completely kills all video display in vMix so I can't use vMix to mix to the Livestream for Producers app anymore. I've contacted Livestream to see what they can do on there end but I'm curios if there is something else I can do in the meantime. Any suggestions? Thanks!

.m
vmixsupport  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:38:18 PM(UTC)
vmixsupport

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Hi,
How are you outputting vMix to Livestream's Producer? You will need to use the "External" function in vMix instead of the "Streaming" function in order for it to work. I have tested the latest update it appears to be working, what exact issues were you having?
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:17:00 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Used Livestream for Producers this weekend for a 8 hour webcast and it worked great.
dgrimm  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:15:32 AM(UTC)
dgrimm

Man

I'm using the free version of Livestream for Producers to test, How do you use it with vMix. Step by step please.
vmixsupport  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:12:30 AM(UTC)
vmixsupport

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 67 post(s)
In vMix, ensure you have the "External" button selected. Then in the Livestream for Producers program you should see the option to import "vMix Video" in the drop down list. This will show the output of vMix.
dgrimm  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:58:00 AM(UTC)
dgrimm

Man

vmixsupport wrote:
In vMix, ensure you have the "External" button selected. Then in the Livestream for Producers program you should see the option to import "vMix Video" in the drop down list. This will show the output of vMix.

I have the external button started, the only sources I see in the drop down box in Livestream is "No camera, and my web cam. Anymore suggestions? I'm using the Free version of Livestream if that makes a difference.
srmoore  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 11:06:45 PM(UTC)
srmoore

Man

Hi,
I have a free Livestream account and use vMix to send the feed to my Livestream channel by using the following parameters given by Livestream
http://www.livestream.co..._Encoder_with_Livestream

Download adobe live encode Adobe live encoder
You must have the old Livestream account not the new livestream account to enter the parameters for vmix/Adobe encoder
https://secure.livestrea.../myaccount/launchchannel

It work for me, I'm new to vimix and its a wonderful software. We Mix and livestream with over three hundred viewers on livestream channel the first day we went live with vMix.
michael.helland  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2013 10:46:38 PM(UTC)
michael.helland

vmixsupport wrote:
Hi,
How are you outputting vMix to Livestream's Producer? You will need to use the "External" function in vMix instead of the "Streaming" function in order for it to work. I have tested the latest update it appears to be working, what exact issues were you having?

I'm using the External Output as follows:
vMix Video Device - Enabled
DeckLink Renderer - Disabled
System: NTSC 59.94i or 29.97p (Matches source inputs of camera and desktop capture)
Output Size 1920x1080
Audio Delay - 0

The Fullscreen output and previews all display like normal. As soon as I launch the newest version of Livestream Producers app all video goes black on the screen. I'm using a BlackMagic Intensity Pro card for the camera capture. I reverted to the previous version and it works fine.
admin  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 2:45:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Can you describe what goes blank on the screen, vMix windows or something in the Livestream app?
Also, when Livestream prompts to disable aero have you tried clicking No?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
michael.helland  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2013 1:10:34 PM(UTC)
michael.helland

admin wrote:
Can you describe what goes blank on the screen, vMix windows or something in the Livestream app?

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Thanks for the help Martin. Essentially as soon as the Livestream for Producers app starts to load all video previews and outputs (including fullscreen and external outputs) all go to black even before the option to disable Aero. Livestream will then only display black if the input is set to Vmix Video but will show the video if the input is changed to the BlackMagic card.

I've tried it with Aero both on and off with no luck. I'm going totry fiddling with a bunch of other settings today to see if I can resolve it. In the meantime I reverted to previous Livestream version to get it to work.

.m
michael.helland  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:21:58 PM(UTC)
michael.helland

michael.helland wrote:
admin wrote:

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Thanks for the help Martin. Essentially as soon as the Livestream for Producers app starts to load all video previews and outputs (including fullscreen and external outputs) all go to black even before the option to disable Aero. Livestream will then only display black if the input is set to Vmix Video but will show the video if the input is changed to the BlackMagic card.

I've tried it with Aero both on and off with no luck. I'm going totry fiddling with a bunch of other settings today to see if I can resolve it. In the meantime I reverted to previous Livestream version to get it to work.

.m

Any suggestions? We're still not able to run vMix and Livestream apps simultaneously. Thanks!
michael.helland  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 5:15:13 PM(UTC)
michael.helland

michael.helland wrote:
michael.helland wrote:
admin wrote:

Regards,

Martin
vMix

.m

Any suggestions? We're still not able to run vMix and Livestream apps simultaneously. Thanks!

FYI we were able to work around this issue by setting Livestream to the BlackMagic video source and erroring out (since it is being used by vMix) and then Livestream seems to "release" the hook into the video and it starts to display again. I can then use vMix to mix to Livestream. I've logged a bug with Livestream so hopefully they can fix it in their next release.

.m
Bardos  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 9:51:22 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I got Livestream to work with vMix....in the "External" Settings, I unticked the Extrenal renderer, and it worked...hope this will help