logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ngp31  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:15:55 PM(UTC)
ngp31

Groups: Registered

Automated Camera Switching

A hands free approach to switching cameras for engineer that is part of the show.

1. automated camera switching by using the input audio from audio mixer track (this track has audio coming in switch to this cam)

2. make it assignable to any audio input ( have a matrix chart to assign audio to cam shots)

3. audio present on two or more inputs at same time, cut to this shot (in case of two or more people talking at same time Vmix would cut to a wide shot that is assign to this function)

4. host or lead speaker priority ( if audio is present on this input cut to this cam and stay for how long uninterrupted)

5. hold time duration on the cam shot ( tell the cam how long to stay on a shot to keep from having a choppy video switching between cams because of sporadic audio, cross talk or laughter)

6. cut scene shot ( if a person is talking for a while, cut to this shot for a specified time to keep it interesting, then come back to that same shot )

Reason: I would like to be in on the broadcast show with out the constant worry of trying to get the correct canera shot up with the right person speaking.
I am the host and the broadcast engineer at the same time and would love the freedom of concentrating on the creativeness of my part in the show rather than the shot.

Thank You
ngp31  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 9:42:02 PM(UTC)
ngp31

Vmix fam what do you think about this?
tnorrell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:42:54 AM(UTC)
tnorrell

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I love automation as much as the next person, but sometimes turning control over to the application isn't worth the risk. When I think about submitting a feature enhancement request, I consider how broad the audience for such a feature would be. I see a lot of people/companies who are shooting concerts and sports. I can't imagine that camera switching based on audio inputs would be of benefit there. I could be wrong, but in cases like mine, all the audio inputs run into a mixer board that sits next to my vMix box, and vMix only knows about one audio source.

With the list of defects and feature requests growing, the vMix team has to consider their development resources before taking on a challenge like this... how much time would it take to build it, and how much benefit would it receive offer to the user base. You might want to spell out exactly what you're shooting, and how you would use the feature. That might make the choice easier for them.

Never fret though. The vMix team has allowed us access into vMix automation via API. If you can figure out how to tell which audio source has the highest db level at any given time, you could actually send an API message, and have the source change that way.

I personally would prefer the vMix team to consider this feature a low priority, but my vote counts for almost nothing :)

Good Luck!
Sondrey  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 5:27:54 AM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I've allready made this, contact me on skype: sondre_njaastad for more information.

Edit: my software works for both multiple input devices and for bigger audio input cards where i seperate the audio channels. I can make custom versions fitting your needs

Sondre Njåstad
Software developer @ shop.njastad.com
ngp31  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:19:56 PM(UTC)
ngp31

This particular function wouldn't be ideal for a sporting event or concert. But i run a radio internet show that i broadcast. And along with the radio stations controls i have to switch cam shots plus host it begining to be to much with guest and flying lower thirds in. Also i do a sit down formal show, again i'm the host same problem. This function will work well with people trying to work without a full crew at every broadcasting.
Sondrey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:37:01 AM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)