logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zentriloquy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 6:44:02 PM(UTC)
zentriloquy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Greetings all. After some issues with audio, I used vMix for a week at a writers festival. I only had two inputs into the computer, a firewire dv camera, and one hdmi input via a blackmagic intensity pro. Ran two blackmagic mini cameras into an hdmi switcher to get three inputs. Then the output was sent to two projectors beside the stage, and one projector over 100 feet away in the cafe. Plus recorded onto the PC.

For inputs we also used titles, the screen capture utility on a laptop for powerpoint, and audio via a separate mixer with USB audio input from a direct feed from the main mixer into the audio system for video. I used overlays for graphics, picture in picture for video while powerpoint was up.

Everything worked perfectly. I will be purchasing my copy of vMix shortly. Thank you vMix for making a pretty awesome program, that is stable and does what is expected. The quality of the recording is excellent, and will save the writers festival tons of time and money in post production.

I`ve been waiting a long time for software like this, and I am hoping this be the basis of an added business to my PA and lighting company.

Next round of upgrades to the system include a blackmagic quad, to get away from hdmi, a non-locking technology that caused me problems. And I will also have a full 4 camera input with bnc connections using hdmi to sdi converters.

My computer handled everything just fine and never went over 26% processing. 400 GB of data. No issues except getting audio levels correct and in house lighting, which I was not in control of, and wish I were.

Vmix - only caveat - please add asio support. You will make audio guys very happy.

darp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 7:44:16 PM(UTC)
darp

Zent, That is great to hear. I have just started with vMix.

You mentioned Powerpoint. I have that on older machine but on newer ones use Libre Office, they have same thing and can output PP format, will that work or do you need the PowerPoint program loaded to use slides in vMix?

Cheers
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:05:02 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ zentriloquy

Glad to hear things went well.
It seems to me that Martin mentioned in his interview with Tom on "Streaming Idiots" that he is looking into ASIO support or at least is aware of it.

http://easternshorebroadcasting.com/

Ice
zentriloquy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:48:14 PM(UTC)
zentriloquy

PP worked, but the capture program shows full desktop. So any program works. I had to send a video over this same machine, no issues. I use a free PP viewer program. It took a little configuration to get everything smooth, but it was pretty easy.

One thing I need to get working is a Skype feed as an input. Looking at the documentation is great, but the audio routing will take some time.

Other things to figure out, title designer, streaming, and really monitoring audio levels. With multiple inputs, the audio to vMix needs close monitoring.
thanks 1 user thanked zentriloquy for this useful post.
darp on 5/3/2015(UTC)