logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
picarddontoro  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:26:31 PM(UTC)
picarddontoro

Groups: Registered

Hello to everyone!

I'm testing vMix trial (v12.0.0.120 x64) and I'm not able to add input the video source of LGP.
I don't see 'LGP Stream Engine' in capture list; I've not problem with xSplit, WireCast, VidStudio, OBS, Skype, ecc.
I see only 'AverMedia C875 Capture' but select it an error occured: 'The device does not recognize the command' (AddNewInput).

Anyone use this device with vMix? I need to configure something?

ask  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:15:30 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
The Stream Engine introduces quite a sizeable delay to the video. My recommendation is that you use the LGP mainly for recording and streaming which it does very well. The ExtremeCap which is USB3 seems to have little delay. Try logging a support ticket with aVerMedia as well as this thread. It is most likely a driver issue.
picarddontoro  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:39:45 PM(UTC)
picarddontoro

Ask, thanks for your advice.

My goal is to send via Skype a HD video mix (1280x720x25p) by a HDMI output FullHD (1920x1080x60p) from a PC gaming station and a SD video (640x480x25p) from a webcam (PIP mode), with audio mix by PC and an external mic.

I am very satisfied with LPG, the video quality is great (4:2:0 at 60.0 Mbps) in relation to its cheap cost and the pass-through HDMI port is perfect (lossness 4:4:4). Latency is about 500ms. Moreover, it is one of the few capture cards that support various input resolutions (for example 1680x1050).

Currently I use this device with an old HP notebook (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Mhz, 4GB ram, AMD ATI Radeon Mobility HD4650), XSplit and Voicemeeter; the CPU usage is very intensive:
XSplit with no source capture added: 6-9 %
XSplit with 'LGP Stream Engine' source capture (1280x720x25p): 24-32%;
XSplit with 'LGP Stream Engine' source capture (1280x720x25p) + WebCam source capture (640x480x25p): 26-33%;
Voicemeeter mixing with Mic and Audio PC: 2-4%;
Skype sending video from 'XSplitBroadcaster' and audio from 'Voicemeeter Output': 40-50%;
Total CPU usage 70-90%.

The advantage of using 'LGP Stream Engine' as source is that the scaling/fps is hardware done and it add audio (from HDMI) in the same source streaming.

I'm trying to use vMix because I think it uses less cpu and on standby consumes only 1%; XSplit consumes 6-9% on standby doing nothing and his CPU usage is very fluctuating.

I hope that in the future vMix supports this device.
Shurik  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:05:10 PM(UTC)
Shurik

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi! I'm using Avermedia capture card with LGP stream engine too. I discovered the same problem, but solution is easy:
just use the x32 version of vMix! Go to vMix folder and you'll find two executable files - vMix.exe and vMix64.exe.
First one is x32.
thanks 1 user thanked Shurik for this useful post.
dawidlorek on 3/7/2015(UTC)
dawidlorek  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:18:38 PM(UTC)
dawidlorek

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Shurik, thank You so much.
Full solution:
1. Closing Skype
2. Install AVerMedia Stream Engine.
3. Open vMix 32bits.
4. Add camera: LGPLite Stream Engine

Still problem with audio. Very bad quality. Any solutions? I want to connect audiomixer into "audio in" but in vMix audio is bad.
For testing I used a Open Broadcaster Software (32bit) and audio is OK.

Please help.

I have external audio card so I can streaming good quality of audio, but I want to use AverMedia LGPLite for audio too.