logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Len56  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:01:54 PM(UTC)
Len56

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi everyone,

Just a bit of information for anyone who has the GoPro Studio software installed on their PC.

If you have a GoPro camera or have installed the GoPro Studio software to use the CineForm Codec to record within vMix you may find when going to your Windows Task Manager > Performance tab that your PC's CPU usage is fluctuating from 0% to 10% when your PC is not processing anything.

Well I have found the cause of the problem by chance, it is the GoPro importer, it is in the (Startup Folder), so when you start your PC the GoPro Importer is started automatically.

I don't use the software myself so I don't need the importer to start automatically, so what I did was to go to the START MENU and typed in MSCONFIG then went to the STARTUP tab and looked for the GOPRO IMPORTER and clicked in the box to turn it off, I then clicked on the APPLY button and the OK button, I then restarted my PC, I then waited a couple of minutes for my PC boot up and settle down, I then went into the Windows Task Manager and hey presto my CPU usage was staying at around 0% to 1%.

After trying the above fix if you are still getting high CPU usage it may be another startup process that is still causing your problem.

I hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem with their CPU usage on their PC.