logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DDOtoo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:16:48 PM(UTC)
DDOtoo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi forumers!

I have posted earlier that my decklink 4 input on my decklink quad was not working. After a lot of troubleshooting I have realised that it is a conflict between the output and input. Thus when the input is in use its corresponding output can't be used for output to my external screen and vice versa. Since I have setup my output permanently to output 4, it has been stopping the input 4 from working. I have checked with the other three inputs and the conflict appears on all of them. Is that how the decklink quad is supposed to work? I also noted that on the external screen the output was not the program output from the mixer but rather the direct feed from the input 4 only. It appears to be working as a loop from the input to output. Any help to resolve this please.

Thank you.
Ernest Król  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 3:45:54 AM(UTC)
Ernest Król

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Decklink Studio, Decklink Duo and Decklink Quad aren't full duplex cards (and they aren't able to be full-duplex because of framebuffer limitaions). When one channel is in input mode the corresponding ouput is a loop-through of that input. Only the Decklink Ultra Studio 4K can playback and capture simultaneously http://www.blackmagicdes...sdetails?releaseID=46486
thanks 1 user thanked Ernest Król for this useful post.
alivehardware on 2/19/2015(UTC)
alivehardware  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 2:55:17 PM(UTC)
alivehardware

Originally Posted by: Ernest Kró Go to Quoted Post
Decklink Studio, Decklink Duo and Decklink Quad aren't full duplex cards (and they aren't able to be full-duplex because of framebuffer limitaions). When one channel is in input mode the corresponding ouput is a loop-through of that input. Only the Decklink Ultra Studio 4K can playback and capture simultaneously http://www.blackmagicdes...sdetails?releaseID=46486

thanks for this ... it was very helpfull to me. I have built a system and i planned to use BM duo 4k to use all its inputs and outputs ... but was a sad story ... now i just use it for output and all other functions are wasted.