logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 6:48:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi All,

Thanks to everybody who has contributed so far to the Instant Replay preview!
Your feedback is hugely important to the success of this feature and I hope it continues.

That said, due to time constraints the new Instant Replay as of 15.35 should now be considered "feature complete".
This means that no new features can be added in vMIx 15 and I now need to focus on bug fixing and refinement of what is already possible.

With that in mind, this is some of the feedback I would your help with:

* Bug reports
* UI refinement (buttons moved to better locations, renamed etc)
* Additional shortcuts to control existing functionality.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
marcio275 on 2/7/2015(UTC)
Bardos  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 7:58:09 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Martin, I tested some of the features in vMix 15, and I like what I see....I also have been reading some of the remarks posted here, and I think you have done a great job on vMix...As for the GUI, I think it is more attractive, and placing the REC to the top is great, making it more visible.....one thing I wish you could do, is remove that solid Green and Orange bar from the top of the Preview and Output windows, and replace them with the words Preview and Output, and just using the colours for the input windows only.

Also, I see that a company is making a software and hardware control surface for vMix....can your team create a similar software control surface that can be used on an iPad or similar device..

This image was done on ver.14.0.0.106
File Attachment(s):
vMix with Control Surface.png (3,961kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Rinsky  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 1:40:41 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
*A shortcut for going to "almost live" within the replay channels, something like "ReplayJumpToLive".

*the recording just crashed on me, because I clicked to far ahead in the recording [bug]. Could you maybe prohibit going to "totally live" somehow? Of course it would be better if there is a chance to go to "totally live" without the artefacts and the stuttering, but I don't know if that is even possible.

*Please make the gap between the date and clock a little bit bigger, it hard to read (kind of).

*change the camera names from 1,2,3,4 to the input names

*tagging entire events instead of camera angles/adding a column for tags before or after the camera angles

*adding yet another column to preset the playback speed of an event

*add a colored margin to the replay channels (in the Instant Replay Controller), if they are in preview or output

*make the names of Events 1, Events 2, etc. editable

*make it possible to mark more than one camera angle and play them one after another with the "play selected camera angles"

*go to the NAB Show and show off with your great product!

Martin, you're the best!

Thank you
doggy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:15:04 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Hi Martin

Thank you for eliminating the CPU requirement block as now I can test it and so far I am capable of testing (also HD)dispite being 'underpowered'

a few first observations:

- although it appears to be a dropdown list , I am not getting a list of already used text or comments in the eventlist enabling to re-use them

- Find it confusing that I need to click the pin-icon to undock the IR-controler but have to click on the minimize icon to redock it instead of the pin again.

As I am used to tagging videos ( video coaching software) I do see basic (but more limited for now) similarities

- What I mis are the markers on the timeline when choosing an event (and ability to just play the part, so far I it jump to the starting point but continues to run during preview )
- various types of marking ways (extra programmable buttons ?) in addition to 5,10 sec a personal set time; That said I assume many could be created through the shortcuts ( or combinations thereof ) and external GUI
- specify the 'prerol' time ( as I understand current shortcuts mark from current time)
- Specify the total duration of the event (combination with the prerol)
- specify the event name ( extra categories ??)
those 3 combined create very powerfull marking ways of situations during a sporting event or others in one go
- ability to filter the events

The instant Replay is far more than just a replay function ;-)
So far I transfered the vMix output to the coaching software to be able to tag all sorts of events during the recording for later quick finding back specific events
I am pretty sure one can simulate pretty closely (potentially) IR to replace this with the added bonus of live replaying them .

Btw a bit confused by vMix idea of events ( 4 of them ) , could the idea behind this be explained , as in the coaching events are based on their names with option to add categories

Guy
Maximus  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 3:10:17 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Bardos wrote:
.....one thing I wish you could do, is remove that solid Green and Orange bar from the top of the Preview and Output windows, and replace them with the words Preview and Output, and just using the colours for the input windows only.....

I like the fact that the colour on the Preview and Output window corresponds with the input source, allowing me to easily know what is in preview and what is on output while focused on input sources. My preference is for it to remain the same.

Thanks

Bardos  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 3:59:39 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
@ Maximus.....If you look at the image I sent, you would see that the colour of the words correspond to the inputs, plus in vMix, the input name comes up in the Preview window or Output window, depending on where it is...so, if I had camera 1 in my Output, and camera 2 in my Preview, in the left hand corner I will see that in the Preview and Output windows as well....all that is why I like the idea of a Control Surface....that will eliminate the need for colours, similar to a traditional hardware switcher
Rinsky  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 7:33:46 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

I'd love to see the option to filter events and to see the markers on the timeline like doggy mentioned.

I got one more:

*please make 200% or even 400% playback speed possible for the replay channels, just like "normal" video playback (I want to create setrate shortcuts with more than 100% playback speed)
HighViewSport  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 2:27:49 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Fear call Martin on moving forward to make a final release version ready for NAB. We all could go on and on with feature requests.

I am happy with the layout and buttons. Tick!
Maybe have option to be able to rename events
Maybe add shortcut (ALT/right arrow once, twice, three times, four times) & (ALT/left arrow once, twice, three times, four times) to play Output A by scrolling through camera 1, camera 2, camera 3, camera 4
To play Output B could be ALT/SHIFT/Right or left arrow?

Everything else is great!!! Cant wait for final release.
Great job, Bryan

ber142  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:50:41 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Rinsky wrote:

*change the camera names from 1,2,3,4 to the input names

+1
ber142  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:17:39 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Nice work the latest update!

admin wrote:

* UI refinement (buttons moved to better locations, renamed etc)
* Additional shortcuts to control existing functionality.

Please review my initial posts for small UI improvements and shortcuts. Thanks again!

One other issue. Today I was playing a little bit with the new replay functionally. I had a very simple setup (just one movie, a music input and the 1 replay camera A connected to the main output). Then I changed someting in the general audio settings. vMix suggested to restart, so I did. After the restart, only the B channel was available. The A channel was gone from the main screen.

From the log:

========================================
15.0.0.35 - Restart.OpenPreset - 07-02-2015 11:33:30
System.Exception: The following inputs could not be loaded:
1: Replay: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at km.h(String a, Boolean a, List`1 a)
at czzzzzk.o(frmmain a)

Since there is no 'close'button on the B input channel, I closed the entire preset. When I added the replay input again (new preset, without restart) vMix raised the following exception (from the log).

vMix.VMIXException: Instant Replay is already in use. Only one session can be open at a time.
at xzzzza..ctor(Guid a, String a)
at vMix.frmInput.b(Object a, EventArgs a)

I tried to reproduce, however I didn't succeed.

I hope you can do something with my info.

Regards, Hanno.
doggy  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:43:09 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

One of the things that confused me in the controler:

was getting the wrong event being replayed becasue I was selecting the camera column and just the event line , while one MUST click on the specific box !!!
Especially as when clicking on the specific box the whole line becomes marked and the column only highlighted (green) when clicking 'play event' and contrast between specific footage is not so clear ( orange/brown)
Not staying selected after the replay ( but imagine there are pro and con for this)
doggy  
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:52:23 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

trying to clarify the extra time option in shortcuts :

please consider extra option to marking in and out points for more combination possibilties

currently:
ReplayMarkIn and ReplayMarkOut is as of moment of marking
ReplayMarkInOut allows for a before time specified as of moment of marking

Missing is a extra time duration added before or after time marking moment.

sugestion:
Adding option to set a time in ReplayMarkIn (time before the mark with 0 being as it is now)
Adding option to set a time in ReplayMarkOut (time after the mark added with 0 being as is is now)
Adding a total time to ReplayMarkInOut ( first number is as is now , total time gives option to add some time after the marking, for example 5 and 10 would be an event marked 5 seconds before stopping 5 seconds after the marking moment)
Adding to those above the choise of event number plus a text

imo would give lot of possibility to prepare bunch of shortcuts to highlight various events that happen in many sporting situations via external gui (api)
Also eliminating a lot of guesswork in when to trigger the marking manually in certain situation = less adjusting the event before replay.

Shortcut setting:
- key:
- function: replaymarkInOut
- Input:
- Value: time before the mark moment ( ie preroll)
- Total Duration : becomes duration after Marking moment ( total minus preroll)
- Event number:
- Event text:

Similar for ReplayMarkIn and ReplayMarkOut were value of time is before and after ( not total duration needed here)
Rinsky  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:16:55 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

ber142 wrote:

One other issue. Today I was playing a little bit with the new replay functionally. I had a very simple setup (just one movie, a music input and the 1 replay camera A connected to the main output). Then I changed someting in the general audio settings. vMix suggested to restart, so I did. After the restart, only the B channel was available. The A channel was gone from the main screen.

From the log:

at km.h(String a, Boolean a, List`1 a)
at czzzzzk.o(frmmain a)

Since there is no 'close'button on the B input channel, I closed the entire preset. When I added the replay input again (new preset, without restart) vMix raised the following exception (from the log).

vMix.VMIXException: Instant Replay is already in use. Only one session can be open at a time.
at xzzzza..ctor(Guid a, String a)
at vMix.frmInput.b(Object a, EventArgs a)

I tried to reproduce, however I didn't succeed.

I hope you can do something with my info.

Regards, Hanno.

I also had this problem a couple of times, it didn't happen with the 15.35 version yet, so I thought that martin had eliminated it. Starting a preset that includes an Instant Replay input is problamatic anyway. I had to delete the input and create a new one to get it to work.
Rinsky  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:39:58 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

*rather have two different kinds of 5sec, 10sec, etc. replay shortcuts than switching between live and recorded mode. Or related those 5sec, 10sec, etc. shortcuts/buttons only to the live video. I think it's to complicated to jump between live and recording mode and it leads to errors in creating events.

*make in/out point always dependant on what's displaying on the replay channels ( "live"-mode in the replay channels and the "jumptolive" shortcut would be necessary for that)

*go back to the "filling bar" in the first version of the replay system, where the bar was filled in the event line and not the entire timeline, when playing it back.
admin  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 5:19:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Innomedia  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:16:18 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Rinsky wrote:
ber142 wrote:

I also had this problem a couple of times, it didn't happen with the 15.35 version yet, so I thought that martin had eliminated it. Starting a preset that includes an Instant Replay input is problamatic anyway. I had to delete the input and create a new one to get it to work.

And we also had this message appearing in 15.0.0.40 last weekend "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" at loading a saved preset or clicking on "last preset". There is no obvious reason for it. Should be fixed in final release.

Regards
Karsten
koznov123  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:15:51 AM(UTC)
koznov123

1) Shortcut: CopySelectedEvent
2) In Event List we have a 4 source. we can play selected event (for example we select all source). The items in event list playing in order.(The fist playing 1 source than playing 2 source after playing 3 source and the end playing 4 source) We want change order
item source of item event list.
3) In shortcuts preference You have only keys. Please add key combinations ( for example alt+P or ctrl+F2)