logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ber142  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 10:36:09 AM(UTC)
ber142

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

In case of the two operator scenario I want to align the cueing. To avoid "strange' things, it would be nice to have an option to block the standard transistions while vMix is starting/playing a replay.

Let me explain.

The 'main' operator follows the overall game by cueing the standard cameras. Then something happens (e.g. goal). The 'replay' operator starts preparing a nice replay. However the 'main' operator has no idea when the replay is ready for cueing. He just continues with his job. To avoid the situation that the 'replay' operator starts the replay, directly followed by a switch to another camera by the 'main' operator, it would be nice to block the switch by the main operator till the replay has been finished.

Additionally it would be very nice if the last switch bij the 'main' operator will be put (or remain) into the preview during that blocking period. When the replay is finished that just seleect shot will be switched back to the output. Of course you can already arrange this in vMix, but I don't want the 'main' operator has to doing other things during a replay (read: cue an input into the preview, i.s.o. cueing the input directly the output)

I'll hope you understand my issue.

Thnx again! And keep up the good work!

Regards, Hanno.

IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:26:49 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ ber142

I somewhat disagree.
The director needs to have full control of his show.
Communication between the TD and replay operator is paramount, once the clip is properly cued, it is up to the Director to initiate playback or instructions to do so.
This is part of the danger I see with the "play" button in the Replay interface, once hit it goes straight to Program out!

Ice
ber142  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:54:20 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Ice,

I thought a little bit more about this topic and your opinion and actually you're right.

In the end it's all about communication.

Topic closed.

Regards, Hanno.