logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krassesPferd  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 5:59:58 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The new replay is great, but I miss one feature. With the old video delay system there was the ability to record the multiview-overlays of the delay input. (In my hockey productons the gametime (via desktop capture.)) now it is just possible to have the gametime as an overlay in the top-right corner, which isn't synchronised. So it makes no sense, because the time in the overlay shows something completely different than the selected scene. It would be great if there was the possibility to save this overlay together with the video file as an overlay of all perspectives.
admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 9:39:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
The video can be set to record either the Output or one of the camera inputs which is the same for the new Instant Replay.
So it sounds like you will need to select Output in the Instant Replay configuration to achieve the same thing.
ask  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 10:19:42 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I think he is really asking to have the ability to use any input as a replay source. That way he can configure a multiview input with 4 camera angles and have that as the replay.
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 10:43:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

For a number of performance reasons this is not possible at the moment unfortunately.
krassesPferd  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:26:34 AM(UTC)
krassesPferd

In my productions I had 4 cameras and the gametime from the scoreboard via desktop capture.
With the video delay I just added this deskop-capture to the delay-inputs via multiview and dragged it to the top-right corner. Then the gametime was recorded togehther with the game. Now I can't get the the desktop-capture input as a "timestam" in all of my 4 camera signals for replay purposes.
It would be great if f.ex there is one overlay channel recorded with each camera.
Best regards,
Yannick
admin  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:28:57 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Yannick,

You can still use MultiView on Replay A or Replay B you add the desktop capture as you have described, it should work the same
as the settings on video delay. Note however that it is not recorded with the video delay, and the same limitation applies with Instant Replay.

The only way to record it would be if the delay was recording "Output" which you can also do with Instant Replay.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
krassesPferd  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:40:05 AM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Ok. Then I might got something wrong with the video delay. Now I found a kind of workaround and a bug. I embedded the desktop-capture-signal into the cameras signal before this camera goes into vmix, so the clock is in there. when I have this input as replay b and just crop out the clock and try to use relay b as a multiview-overlay of replay a vmix crashes and you have to start vmix again
regards,
Yannick