logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JulienL  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:46:25 PM(UTC)
JulienL

Groups: Registered

I'm truly loving Vmix for today's fast setup, fast turnover, no postproduction please clients. What a find, and well made! I bought it immediately!

The one thing I would really love is the option to switch the line above the chosen camera from Green to something really bright on the eye, making it always 100% clear which camera is chosen. I'd also like to bee able to darken down the unselected colours.

Currently when I click on those two option colours I settings nothing actually changes.

But I stick to it - what a great software - just what I needed!
Bardos  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 12:26:12 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
That is very easy....just open "Settings", and under Display, you will see 'Preview Colour , 'Output Colour'...Double click on the colour box, and a window will open giving you the choice of colours....for me, I chose 'Black'....I have both Preview and Output set to black, and it so cool on my eyes....I made a suggestion sometime back for the vMix team to either make that bar plain or black, and only use the word Preview and Output in the colours, or just make a thin outline around the windows. That would make things much easier on the eyes......But, Black works great...I also chose Charcoal8 ... makes things even cooler
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:02:02 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
One thing to note about the colour choice, whatever colour you choose, it will also be the colour used for the smart phone web "tally lights" if you use that feature.
Easy on the eyes does not necessarily work well in that scenario for your talent or camera people.
There is no right or wrong, just whatever works well for you.

http://www.vmixhd.com/he...dex.htm?TallyLights.html

Ice
Bardos  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:08:35 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Well, in my case, we do not worry since we use communication to let the camera operator know when he or she is live...we label the inputs sometimes with the operator's names so we wouldn't get mixed up especially in cases where we have shoulder held cameras, and positions change from time to time....this happens in fast paced events such as basket ball, dance shows etc.....so we just call up the camera we want, and usually we have a large screen to keep us in check of the live shot