logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Speegs  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:39:33 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I've been using an older version of the desktop capture, I've noticed the newer versions display an "error" if you use the desktop capture input many times. More than 2 times on the from the same computer seems to do it.

Seems ok in the older version, is this by design? The older version out of VMix 9. Seems to capture 6 times ok. About 7 it will stuff up.

I sometimes want to capture the same screen up to 6 different times, so it can splice different ways for different camera angles. Is there a better way? Am I doing something wrong?

Single Desktop Capture from Vmix 9 on a PC --> Can as 6 inputs (Vmix 14) to slice/dice ok

Single Desktop Capture from Vmix 14 on a PC --> Can as 2 inputs (Vmix 14) then Red Error displays and flip flops between the inputs.

I don't really want to suck the desktop capture from the source pc 6 times over the lan, but doesn't bother me if it works (seems to work with the capture from Vmix 9). I essentially want to clone/replicate the single input many times and scale it, x y pos it differently for 6 different camera angles. Hope that makes sense, please advise is there a clone input setting or something I'm missing?

wwdv  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:44:26 AM(UTC)
wwdv

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Maybe I don't understand exactly what you mean, but did you already make virtual (copy) inputs of the desktop capture input?
Speegs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 7:49:27 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
wwdv wrote:
Maybe I don't understand exactly what you mean, but did you already make virtual (copy) inputs of the desktop capture input?

You just add another desktop capture several times. However there appears to be limitations on how many times it can be done. Older versions of the desktop capture software seem to have no specific limit, the current versions however appear to be limited.