logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rjmurdock  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 7:56:46 PM(UTC)
rjmurdock

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Not sure if this has been requested yet, but is there a way to set up an SSD drive as the memory storage use for the Video Delay module when it is initially configured?

This would be help when working on a laptop with limited system RAM.

I'm also wondering if this capability becomes available, whether it would then be possible to increase the delay time setting beyond 120 seconds. This would have been extremely helpful this last weekend when I was asked to provide the referees of an NCAA Div 1 basketball tournament I was covering with a three-point line review playback. By the time it was requested of me, the 120 second time frame had passed. If I could have doubled that time, I would have been in the clear. Also, the 120 seconds in 720p resolution took over 6GB of my laptop's 8GB of RAM. Needless to say, that large of a time delay slowed down my laptop's performance due to the lack of available RAM for system resources.

RJ Murdock
EmeraldCoastTV.com
h2video.nl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:09:16 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi, why don't you consider using the recording itself. if you set save every 5 minutes, you can easily get the file and replay.

ever tried that??

in additian you can use a second system specially for that, just loop through the camera and use this system for replay and input in your mix...

cheers,
stefan