logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krassesPferd  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 4:47:29 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I really love the trigger function. But what bothers me is that there are only three options (TransitionIn, TransitionOut, OnCompletion) It would it make it much easier if there was the possibility to have options like "OnOverlay1In","Overlay1Out", "OnOverlay2In","Overlay2Out" etc.

It would be great to see this in v14.

Regards,
Yannick
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 11:45:43 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Yannick

Please explain
krassesPferd  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:49:25 AM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I mean, that you have the ability to use for example OnOverlay1In as trigger event. So could trigger another overlay f. ex Overlay2 to fade in simultaneously. And also you could start a music clip by another trigger. Now you only have the ability to use trigger, when you input is the main part of the programm (NO overlay)
I want to have possibility to create also trigger actions, when an input is just an overlay in the program.

Regards,
Yannick
Innomedia  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 1:14:02 PM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
krassesPferd wrote:

I want to have possibility to create also trigger actions, when an input is just an overlay in the program.

Regards,
Yannick

+1
That will raise the possibilities of our productions, too. Pretty good idea, Yannick.

Regards
Karsten
ber142  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:16:34 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
+1

(just an OverlayIn and overlayOut on the input which is used as the actual overlay would be nice to start with).
brian078  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:10:58 PM(UTC)
brian078

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1

The trigger OnOverlay would allow us to create animated titles.
My idea is to use a transparent MOV as overlay.
When that MOV is turned on as overlay, a XAML title must be triggered to another overlay with a delay.

OnOverlay would be very useful!
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 3:19:59 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
+1
admin  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:57:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
I have discussed this in the past, but will answer here also.

In a nutshell is extremely difficult to test and anticipate every possible way the triggers can be used
in order to prevent things such as infinite loops.

I know on the surface it all sounds very easy to add Triggers for Overlays, but you're just going to have to believe me that adding this feature would
cause both the user and myself a lot of headaches.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
richardgatarski  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:41:26 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
OK,
How about a sort of delay shortcut? (I believe that has been discussed too earlier, har to search for though).
Perhaps that is getting too close to a more advanced macro functionality, but using key triggered shortcuts in a chain, with delays, would allow at least me to control some timing of events.
doggy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:40:01 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
While it certainy helps to have as many possibilities and options as possible build in it will still require a bit of fantasy and originality to combine everything to a desired result which I think will mostly be based on personal needs.

That said I understand that the hardest part is to make options as flexible as possible so that all personal needs can be met I often find it easyer to program a specific GUI, client or interface for the particular job (userfriendly to boot).

With what info is available (xml<->API) it looks like creating specific functional scripts with a bit of creativity is a good option for what is missing if one has a plan or desire that isn't possible ( or somethimes to complicated) whith current available build in functions.

Allow me to give an example. While using instant video analysis during coaching/training having the shortcut options, keyboard , mouse and even infrared remote available it was in certain situations/locations still not satisfactory for quick videopayback controling and setting. So with th use of Autohotkey made a little " mouseinterfaces" intercepting and controling standard shortcuts that allowed me to control the needed functions with one hand ( play forward/backward at different speeds , setting and unsetting in/out points, jump to startpoint , frame by frame or bigger jumps all with the set of buttons and its combinations and the wheel on the mouse).

Personally I am more interested in getting the info needed to make such things. In a more vMix specific way asking for a certain functionality proved a bit to hard and personal but asking to change the WriteDurationToRecordingLog to include timefraction made my original wish/goal work .

The more options the better of course but sometimes with a bit of fantasy one can coock something up with what is available too. Figuring out the recipi is half the fun :-)

Guy