logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thomas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:21:46 PM(UTC)
thomas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi guys!

I`ve built a vMix broadcast system (love the software, incredible flexibility), but I`m having stability issues and it`s probably a connection between my two decklink quads and the motherboard (second motherboard I`ve tried). hitting external button (vMix camera 720p25, while input is 1080i50) the screen goes blank and the system freezes, it can also happen at random times..

So my question is.. do any of you guys have any systems build with at least 6 HD-SDI inputs and perhaps two (or at least one) HD-SDI as external output?

If so, which capture cards do you recommend?

Best regards
Thomas :)
Speegs  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:31:46 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
thomas wrote:

So my question is.. do any of you guys have any systems build with at least 6 HD-SDI inputs and perhaps two (or at least one) HD-SDI as external output?

If so, which capture cards do you recommend?

Magewell, they have inbuilt scalers so they can modify your input signals resolutions and frame rates if required. I find that very useful as I have gopros, handycams, screen captures and all sorts of things in the mix. Before moving to Magewell (I still have some BM stuff). I found life was "less plug and play". The Black Magic experience for me has been one of working one day, do the same thing and not working the next.

I can get that black magic stuff to work, but keeping it working to me feels like "black magic". Especially when you use many cameras it just doesn't like, ie GoPros.

Magewell is more expensive, but I wish I just went down that path first.

Speegs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:42:45 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Not knowing all the details..

I'd build a good computer. Motherboard has thunderbolt, possibly a bonus. Intel 6 core cpu I think might be the go. SSD at least as a boot/scratch disk.

Buy 2 x http://www.magewell.com/...di_features.html?lang=en

Make sure you have a video card with two available HDMI outs extra to your control video screen and get some HDMI to SDI

I've bought a few from this guy. He sells them by the truck load and can say they seem to work ok for me (I'm sure others do too, but I'm Australian so these work out cheap on freight).

http://www.ebay.com.au/i...&hash=item461a993f16