logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Francois  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 2:24:21 PM(UTC)
Francois

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone managed to use an iPad as a second monitor with vMix. VMix crashes using Air Display on PC. It won't even go into vMix, so cannot supply error message. I now want to look at using Twomonusb as it connects to the PC via usb with hardly any lag. It is a $10 app, so a bit nervous that it won't work with vMix. Already wasted my bucks on Air Display. Setting up a Teleprompter display that will enable me to keep eye contact with the camera whilst operating vMix. Have found a work around to give a mirrored image of screen for the Teleprompter, which I will post for any interested people.
Francois  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:34:37 AM(UTC)
Francois

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I thought "what the heck!", let's take a chance and purchased the app TwoMonUSB for my iPad, which actually works. So now I can use my iPad as a second monitor with vMix. I was also able to find a way to mirror (reverse) the image for my 2nd display as it goes on a Teleprompter. That means that I can now look at the camera whilst seeing my whole console, or just my Powerpoint presentation. Watched how most guys recording themselves, spend 2/3 of their time looking at their computer screen and wanted a way to keep eye contact with the camera (and the audience) whilst seeing my screen. Will post the settings of vMix to have a mirrored external display via an iPad or just a second screen connected to your computer.

Francois attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (2,111kb) downloaded 29 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked Francois for this useful post.
dfritzke@ymcamke.org on 4/30/2020(UTC)