logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:39:26 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
If the new replay system really offers:

1) in sync rewind and slowmotion from different camera angles(using the multicorder functionaltiy)
2) tagging function - creating a replay with timestamp & select the good camera angles(scene from 1:45-2:00 with camera 1 and 2, but do not select camera 3 because it did't record the goal for example) and name the scene accordingly
3) 2 independent output channels - one for immediate replays after the event happened and another one for highlight reels
4) jogwheel support

wouln't it be great to use the scene name as an overlay?

Because it's pretty tricky (if not impossible) to show the right overlays with names and game time within a highlight reel. It would be awesome if that could be automated (maybe even with a player selection and designated pictures or something).

I hope everybody understands what I mean.

I'm really looking forward to the new instant replay system, it's going to vastly improve sports production with Vmix.

Hope you can give us an update soon.

Thank you
thanks 1 user thanked Rinsky for this useful post.
cdmaster on 12/8/2014(UTC)
smudge1977  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:56:34 PM(UTC)
smudge1977

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is the replay multicorder features all in vMix14?
I have downloaded it but my system is registered

Would love to check out the replays

All i want is I take a feed in to a big screen from Sky but they don't give the grounds feed replays - they don't really care about the ground it is all about the transmission feed for them. The ground want to show a replay on there screen so it would just be a rewind and play but an unknown amount of delay before the replay gets called for

Have composite capture in and then do some twitter stuff and advertising for the ground during breaks in play

vMix makes a great system for all the rest of this stuff

Thanks

Keith
IceStream  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:21:39 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Smudge1977

What is your registered version?
The 'Video Delay' feature has been around for the past several versions.
The much anticipated "Better 'Instant Replay' system" has not been released yet.

Ice
bucsatul  
#44 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 4:08:20 AM(UTC)
bucsatul

IceStream wrote:
@ Smudge1977

What is your registered version?
The 'Video Delay' feature has been around for the past several versions.
The much anticipated "Better 'Instant Replay' system" has not been released yet.

Ice

Hopefully Martin could give us a feedback on the scheduled launch date so that all the eagerly waiting customers know when to check back for the new feature (instead of checking every couple of days the site).

Thank you.

Emil.
admin  
#45 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 1:40:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
As per the first post in this thread, work has begun but a beta will not be available until early 2015
(My guess is around end of January)
tnorrell  
#46 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 10:39:02 PM(UTC)
tnorrell

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Martin,

I have an amazing about of respect for what the vMix team has been doing with the product. I wish there was a more tangible way I could offer support to the project. If you need any help with documentation, running test sequences, or configuration management, let me know. My services are available to you at no cost.
admin  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:24:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Guys,

The Instant Replay beta is around 80% complete, and I thought I would provide a screenshot of where things are headed so you can provide feedback.
Note that this may not be the final layout and is subject to change before release.

Some notes about how things currently work:

Events 1, 2, 3, 4
These are separate lists of events or mark in and out points, so you can organise clips into different groups.
Export can be used to export an entire list into its own video file

Mark
These buttons can be used to quickly mark in and mark out events.
If the Live button is RED, the points will be taken from what is currently happening live, otherwise
it will base the in and out points on where the position bar is currently located.
-5, -10 and -20 will create automatic events based on the past x seconds of video.

Preview
This is a handy way to save screen real estate and toggle what is displayed on the top left preview window.
The four squares will show a quad box of all camera angles in the replay.

Camera Angles
The 1, 2, 3 and 4 tabs (with 1 currently green) can be used to instantly switch between camera angles on playback.

Hide controls
This control interface can be hidden away for the sole operator. In most one person productions I imagine
one shortcut key for the -5 mark and another to play the last event to output, will be quickest way to operate the replay.

Slow motion control
The mouse scroll wheel can be used to control slow motion at any time. Support for 3rd party controllers will be added at a later date.

Recording format
All cameras are recorded to standard MPEG-2 I-Frame files which can be dropped into any editing program without conversion.
Five bitrates are available 25, 30, 50, 75 and 100

Audio
All camera audio is saved alongside the Master audio in vMix and you can select and change which one to use during playback

Disk Space
If disk space is an issue, you can choose to delete past video automatically, though you will lose any events that occurred during those times
(Unless you choose to export them first)

UserPostedImage

Regards,

Martin
vMix

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
pasingshot on 1/15/2015(UTC)
IceStream  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:21:52 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Looks good Martin!

Not sure I fully understand the workflow without "hands on" experience but it looks like you have put a lot of thought and work into it.

Questions:

-on the Camera Angles:
Are they always in Sync or can you toggle between synchronized and independent?
(It would be rare that I would want them in Sync, but I know that request was made early on)

-on Mark points:
Can they be subsequently adjusted or altered after they have been initially set and exported?
(my inclination, as is now with video delay, is to save clips automatically in the moment with a pre-set and adjust them on the fly as required)

Ice

Innomedia  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:45:37 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Martin,

first impression is good, looks like most functions requested by the folks here in the forum were considered. Support for 3rd party controllers is still in mind for later date. This is good to know because to my mind it is a must to work with external tools for this "instant replay and slow-motion" purpose. I assume that all functions can still be controlled via shortcuts and API, this will make use easier in the beginning until there is "external help".

It should be possible to rename clips in the list after they are edited with mark-in/mark-out and ready for live output (like in the delay list at the moment).

A shortcut/function for individual scrolling should be integrated. In most sports it is useful to move by frames not by seconds. If this could also be realized with the mouse wheel it would be fine. In later version with external support you can define different keys like +/-1, +/-10, +/-25 frames to find your in and out points very quick.

We are looking forward here to get the beta version for testing asap, keep up the good work.

Regards
Karsten
admin  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:02:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

IceStream wrote:

-on the Camera Angles:
Are they always in Sync or can you toggle between synchronized and independent?
(It would be rare that I would want them in Sync, but I know that request was made early on)

Can you clarify what you mean by independent?
The design of instant replay is inherently a single recording but with multiple camera angles to choose from at any given moment.

tdurhamjr  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:21:12 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Martin, does the "IN" and "OUT" markings set the start and stop for both the actual replay and the saved file?

I am really looking forward to the IN/OUT markings. I have the current replay length set to 20 seconds but the actual replay material is usually 3-5 seconds but could fall anywhere within the 20 second clip. Being able to go back 20 seconds but only save only the 3-5 seconds of play will make the saving process MUCH faster. Right now to save a 20 second clip can take a while and I could miss another subsequent good play (even saving to my SSD). Sometimes I add Video Delay for the main camera Input and vMix Output.

I look forward to seeing how the multiple camera input for Replay is going to work. Having the multiple camera inputs for one Replay will also be AWESOME!!

Great Job!
Tim
admin  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:36:18 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

As the instant replay recording is one big continuous video, the IN and OUT points are just numbers stored in a list.
When playing back an event, vMix only has to queue up the video the right point.
tdurhamjr  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:51:41 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Just trying to figure out the work flow. As it is now, when streaming a sports game, every time there is a great play I hit SAVE. The clip is 20 seconds so there are multiple 20 second clips. To play back just the action I want, I have to bring that clip up in Preview, find the precise replay action desired, then move it to LIVE to begin the playback (so no multiple, consecutive playbacks without tons of extra footage you don't want to show). Now to my question.

So would we continue to save the individual clips and use the new Replay module to que up the start and stop points for each clip, allowing them to be played back consecutively? If so, that would allow us to play be a list of highlights during... say Halftime.

Thanks again!
Tim

richardgatarski  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:26:53 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I have now experience in Replay management. But, feel that the whole thing would benefit from undocking so it could be managed on a separate display.
doggy  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:27:30 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Cool !!! almost like "tagging" :-)

WIll it involve some type of "shortcuts" or (web)gui to specify the type of situations possibly able to be filtered for quick lookup ?

WHat about not just an IN/ OUT but a IN with a preset duration ?

WIll these marks be saved in an accompagning seperate file ?

Guy
tdurhamjr  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:18:39 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

richardgatarski wrote:
I have now experience in Replay management. But, feel that the whole thing would benefit from undocking so it could be managed on a separate display.

I agree. It is pretty easy and common to run 2 or 3 monitors. If undocked, I think the replay screen could really be tailored for the most effective layout and workflow. But it may work just as well on the main screen as shown above.
IceStream  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:42:03 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ admin (aka Martin)

To clarify, if I am using multiple camera angles (let's say 3), I would likely want to replay a particular moment (a goal for example) individually from each camera angle, so that would be 3 sequentially played independent clips and not simply switching between the 3 synchronized views.

Ice

Rinsky  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:29:48 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Great!! Finally some news on the new replay system.

Looks very promising, do I understand it correctly that all camera angles will be recorded in 1 video file? Let's say you have four 1080p inputs, will they be recorded in one 4K video file?

If that's the way it works (and how you managed to sync all inputs), is there also going to be an option to use more than four 720p inputs as replay camera angles? I probably need up to 6 replay channels and would have no problem to downgrade the resolution to manage all 6 channels on one machine and not have to use another machine for 2 more inputs.
HighViewSport  
#59 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 4:55:11 AM(UTC)
HighViewSport

Man

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Great work Martin. Looks really good. Excited to get the beta to play with.
Will all camera angles be recorded as separate recordings using multicorder?

So if I have 4 cameras coming in for my sports production. We will have 5 recording.

- 4 x every camera angle
- 1 x program out recording that has the full game + replays that we sent to program from saved clips?

Thanks so so much,
Bryan
Innomedia  
#60 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:38:15 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Two more things on our list (belongs to "feature requests" for the new instant replay):

1. Some of our customers have the demand (or at least the wish) to send a highlight clip right after editing to their social media channels, so fans outside the live event can watch important scenes on their mobile devices. Example: player scores, highlight including lower third was trimmed with in and out points, slow-motion speed is configured, clip is ready to go for the audience. Then press (new) button "export to social media" and this clip is brought to facebook, club website, youtube or other channels. Export target can be defined in settings, it might be best to have more than one target servers for parallel transmission to several channels. It would be awesome to have a multi-angle clip or 4 single clips from different angles ready for export to social media channels with a simple mouse click.

2. In some sports (like ice hockey) it is very useful to have a magnifying lense. After pressing the lens button you mark an individual rectangle in preview window and this rectangle becomes full-screen or at least doubles or triples its size. With this magnifier you can clarify tricky situations (did the puck/ball cross the line) very easy and enhance the quality of sports production to a very professional level.

In the new interface there is still some space for additional buttons. Would be great to have this functions realized in future VMIX versions.

Regards
Karsten