logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Skiff  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:23:33 AM(UTC)
Skiff

Groups: Registered

8 SDI inputs need to be able to run the program vMix c 2 Decklink Quad card in one PC and if so what should be the characteristics of the computer?
Maybe someone already working with these cards?
vojam2001  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:00:35 AM(UTC)
vojam2001

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is possible. Here you have an example.
http://www.vmix.com.au/systems/?reseller=panex

Regards!
gregclark  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 3:32:39 AM(UTC)
gregclark

Thanks vojam2001 for posting the reply, I want to ask that if only these computers can be used, Can't we use some other system? If it is so then I would have to buy a new one.
sinc747  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:49:58 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 162 post(s)
I built several systems for clients using two Blackmagic Decklink Quad cards per PC. All were based on the Intel i7 hex core CPU. So, yes, it is possible.

Make sure you do your homework because some BM products give some motherboards heartburn.
thomas  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:37:03 PM(UTC)
thomas

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi sinc747!

Would you mind elaborate what specific motherboard and CPU you`ve used with two Quads? I do believe I have experienced that motherboard-heartburn..

I`ve tried two decklink quads on both the P9X79-EWS and P9X79 motherboard, but I`m getting blank screen at random times.. At the moment I have the two Quads installed on my private (three year old) machine and it works like a charm.

But I`d like to be able to use a custom rig for work purposes and get back my private machine - any help and feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

sinc747 wrote:
I built several systems for clients using two Blackmagic Decklink Quad cards per PC. All were based on the Intel i7 hex core CPU. So, yes, it is possible.

Make sure you do your homework because some BM products give some motherboards heartburn.

pinkimp  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:23:28 PM(UTC)
pinkimp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
thomas wrote:
Hi sinc747!

Would you mind elaborate what specific motherboard and CPU you`ve used with two Quads? I do believe I have experienced that motherboard-heartburn..

I`ve tried two decklink quads on both the P9X79-EWS and P9X79 motherboard, but I`m getting blank screen at random times.. At the moment I have the two Quads installed on my private (three year old) machine and it works like a charm.

But I`d like to be able to use a custom rig for work purposes and get back my private machine - any help and feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

sinc747 wrote:

Easy. Sell the BM cards and pick up a Magewell Quad instead. The BM cards are a headache when it comes to drivers, etc. We only use the 4K Extreme now, the rest have been replaced.