logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thremir  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 3:02:10 PM(UTC)
Thremir

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hey all, and Martin in particular.

Inspired by the EVS Instant Replay Systems, we would really like to make an alternative for vMix, however, the API doesn't work that well in terms of playback speed.

For the ones of you that don't know how a EVS system works, the basic funcitons is that a jog is used to control the position in a video, and then you have a slider for the playback speed (Demonstration Video)

We would like to make a T-Bar or a MIDI slider to be equivalent of a playback speed, just like our MIDI Audio Mixer does. This cannot be done because whenever the playback speed is set, the video/delay stops for about a half of a second. Also, reducing the number of strings sent doesn't help. Could you please add a hotfix to vMix for us to further develop this feature?

I would too like to ask the community which MIDI panel(s) you like in particular, and which one(s) you would have bought for your vMix productions, and of course what each of the buttons do (the layout).

If you could like do a simple paint layout with a graphical of what you would like each button to do etc., that would help us out a lot.

Cheers,
Håvard Njåstad
Njastad Webshop
tdurhamjr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:06:48 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Håvard,
I love the instant replay but the following are my main issues with it:
1. You can only create 1 "video delay input" per source. I wish this was at least 2.
2. I first bring the video delay into the "preview". I then slide the bar to where I want it to start and then cut it to "live view". I had a VERY easy way to mark the "restart point" so that if I want to replay the video again, it will start over at my mark, not at the beginning of the clip.
3. a little easier method to speed up and slow down the "replay" as I believe you are describing.
4. I would love to have more control over how the clips are saved. and I wish I could save the clips based on the "start and end marks" that I specify. So that way if I save 10 clips throughout the game, we can play the list and there will not be any extra video but just the video clips I want to play back. Right now the saved clip is way too long since the most of the action clips are only 5-8 seconds in length.

If this gets a lot of activity then Martin might move this to another section. Glad you brought it up!