logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wwdv  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 6:09:47 AM(UTC)
wwdv

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
When inputs are minimized in the grey category, they are also minimized in the other categories.
Is it possible to make the minimize independent from each other?

I like to minimize inputs that are not used regulary, but they should be ready to view in another categorie.
Bardos  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 10:18:47 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
This is one of the reasons in my suggestions in an earlier post, I said I like the way Livestream does their thing, I like that style, where inputs are put in tabs, so I can hide what I do not want to see, and recall them when I want....If I do not want the audio mixer I just shift to the tab I want to see, this will keep a much cleaner desktop...

Create Tabs for the inputs eg. tab for Clips, a tab for Cameras, tab for Lower thirds and so on...

Just an opinion....
admin  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 10:27:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Bardos,

You can click the speaker icon to close the audio mixer.
There are also four colour tabs at the side of vMix you can place titles in one, videos in another etc etc

Regards,

Martin
vMix
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 11:17:55 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
wwdv, I am not sure I understand. The grey category button shows all categories, it is not a category per se.

Please check out the Feature request Tick boxes for Categories. Perhaps that idea is something that would solve part of your problem.
wwdv  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 4:14:34 PM(UTC)
wwdv

I want to minimize the inputs which I don't use often to keep it all clear, I don't like scrolling.
These inputs are assigned to a categorie and are minimized too.
What I want is to see them here not minimized.

Bardos  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 4:28:41 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

admin wrote:
Bardos,

You can click the speaker icon to close the audio mixer.
There are also four colour tabs at the side of vMix you can place titles in one, videos in another etc etc

Regards,

Martin
vMix

. Ah, but if I place items in them, they are still in the main tab, and if I minimize them in the main tab, they are also minmized in the tab I place them as well, and if I delete or close them in the main tab, they do the same in the colour tabs....I was hoping that if I minimize them in the main tab, they would be still open in the other tabs, so I could switch between tabs when I want...eg....I place all my video clips in Red tab, they are no longer in the main tab, or I minimize them in main tab, I can then switch to the Red Tab for my selected clips, etc...and see them open, because as they stay now, the Tabs really do not serve any reliable purpose for me.....
. Hope you understand what I am trying to explain
wwdv  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 5:11:46 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Bardos wrote:
and if I minimize them in the main tab, they are also minmized in the tab I place them as well

Thats exactly whay I mean :)

Bardos wrote:
I was hoping that if I minimize them in the main tab, they would be still open in the other tab

In that case the categories should be inputfolders instead of shortcuts folders.
I would prefer that too.
IceStream  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 5:12:52 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
This is one reason why I would like more categories...
There is room for at least three more coloured boxes (or tabs if you like) along the side.

@ wwdv and Bardos

Typically, what I do is ignore the Main Master or "grey" tab and use the "red" tab as my primary or "go to" input bus.
The "un-used" or "indirect" inputs are classified according to purpose or type (i.e. graphics, videos, instant replays etc.) and filed accordingly into the appropriate coloured tab.
No real need to minimize unless they are totally "indirect" and never need to be seen or adjusted.
My first 8 inputs are always a "blank" (or colour) inputs I use for M/E bus and are filed as "red".
I can then set-up and allocate any input to those "primary" inputs with the "Multi View" feature any way I like and thus maintain all my main switching shortcuts for those 8 inputs.
If I need to adjust a graphic or cue up a video, I can simply click on the appropriate tab and navigate to the input.

Ice
wwdv  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 5:27:30 PM(UTC)
wwdv

Thats also a possibility, but in this case I need more categories.

For churce services I am using 5 categories:

1. live camera's
2. pre-recorded camera images (stills)
3. beamer presentations and their virtuals for keying
4. video's
5. audio

(I could fill more categories if they where available :)

IceStream  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 5:58:31 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ wwdv

Agreed!

There is room for more tabs (in terms of screen estate) down the side...
Not sure how "possible" it is for Martin to implement though as I have suggested this before but have not seen any addition of "categories/folders/tabs" yet.

Ice
Bardos  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 6:35:20 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Man

. For some reason I just do not like those little tabs at the side..I would prefer them as wide tabs at the top of the input section where I can name each tab accordingly...as they are now, I have to remember what I have in the Red or whatever colour, but if the Tabs are on top of the inputs, I can name them...eg. Video clips, Stills, Cameras, etc....If I have to leave or turn over control to another operator, I will have to tell that person where things are and hope they remember.... But once they are properly labelled, there will no guess work.....anyone can take over and know exactly where things are located....

. Working with it as it is has its advantages as well, if I am working with cameras only, I could place them in one Tab, and if there is another setup, as happens when I am taping conferences....sometimes, I only need cameras, but then the layout changes, usually after a break, where there will presenters, some using Powerpoint presentations....I could then set up another tab specially for that ...cameras, and a powerpoint input, where I would use another computer for powerpoint, and use it as a single input...I use that setup a lot.....I only have to concentrate on the cameras....when the powerpoint changes, I would switch to it...works great
Rinsky  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2014 12:38:15 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I totally agree with you.

Tabs in the "computer world" have always (ok most of the time) been wide buttons on the top. I don't like the small buttons. I also would like to arrange my inputs in different tabs and name them accordingly.

Another thing I'd love to see on every tab is the detach function of the audio mixer.

It would be very useful and userfriedly to create a individual multi monitor setup.
tdurhamjr  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:47:08 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
when I have alot of inputs, then turning my head sideways to read them vertically is not easy, nor scrolling down the long list to the right. Especially when it is hectic or time sensitive and I'm looking for something quickly. It could be that I missed getting something ready or assigned the wrong shortcut, or whatever. For a small number of inputs it is not an issue but when the number of inputs grows it is lacking in user friendly sorting :)