logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 11:24:46 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I frequently make live webTV like recordings and streams with a lot of speakers. It is nice to be able to provide a title with the name of the speaker.

But it is difficult in a life situation to type the name of the speaker / person - or have many titles pre-set.

It would be nice to be able to select the speaker in a list that can be prepared and fill the title with that with one click.

This way you can have a list of speakers and quickly switch change and go back and use only one title overlay / input.

Maybe an extra option in the rightclick menu: edit title and select from list. If the list can be in a dropbox or something a separate person could fill and maintain the list and the operator can quickly change the title by selecting.

Stefan
thanks 1 user thanked h2video.nl for this useful post.
Charssay on 10/24/2014(UTC)
r@wisla  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 11:43:50 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Isn't it available now?

HELP:
Quote:

Title Presets

Click the + button to save the text from all the elements in the title as a preset.
This preset can be selected by right clicking the input in the main vMix window to recall these values at any time.

Title Presets can be Imported and Exported in CSV format using the Import and Export buttons

richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 4:06:21 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Stefan,

r@wisla is right. right-click the title input into edit mode, enter title text line/s, click big +sign to add to list. Or, as it is called, "preset". You can export/import presets as .csv files. Then right-click in the Title input to select desired entry in the list.

But, that does not work in practice for us.

So, we (WestreamU) have developed a stand alone application for vMix, called SmartTitler. Targetet for us who have a lot of speakers/panels at conferences. But probably useful for others too.

It's currently in internal beta, but if you are interested you can have a copy and try it.
Hopefully we will release within a month, as freemium (free stripped down - pay a little get it all)
tdurhamjr  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 6:52:55 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Richard,
I am still wanting to come up with a solution where I can have a "Stat Overlay" for all the ball players (at least all the starters. Last week I created the overlays for 5 players and then created a shortcut key for each of those players. Then when the player was being discussed by our commentator, I could just hit the shortcut key and throw their picture with stats up as a 5 second overlay.

But I can't do this for 20 players. Do you think your software would be a good solution for this?

If I had 20 players, I wish I could create short cuts using ALT+12 (with 12 being the number of the player. Then I could hold the ALT key down and enter their jersey number and that would bring it up. I welcome any feedback or suggestions and let me know if you think your software might work for me.

Tim
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 5:05:30 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Tim,
As SmartTitler currently is, not really. But I think it could easily be developed to support your need too.
Could you send me a sample title, ie how it looks like, and we'll look into it?
richard.gatarski@westreamu.se
tdurhamjr  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:54:31 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Hey Richard,
Posting here and sent you and email as well so you would have mine.

I am attaching a sample ovelay. Here in the states, all the colleges and pro games throw these stats up on the screen. The struggle with vMix is being able to manage, say 40 of these images and have the ability to throw them up very quickly.

It seems a very simple solution would be as follows:

Be able to add all the images into one input (as a list). But assign each image a shortcut, which in sports would be their Jersey number. The shortcut would need to use the combination of multiple keystrokes (ie ALT+12 ... for jersey #12). This would give me the ability to throw up the overlay very quicly as I would know his jersey number and quickly key in ALT 12 (holding down the ALT key) like you do for entering character codes.

As it is right now I have to create an individual input for each image so that they can be overlayed as needed. This really clutters up the amount of inputs.

Maybe your program can be tweaked to efficiently handle a larger group of images (or any input) and keep them organized and have the ability to pull them up quickly.

Have a great weekend!

Tim
tdurhamjr attached the following image(s):
Player-Stat-QB-16-Fabrizius.png (481kb) downloaded 28 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
tdurhamjr  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 10:25:00 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Richard, this 80 key programmable keyboard would be a possible solution for just creating alot of shortcuts that could be custom labeled.

http://amzn.com/B0092SJ8YU

The shortcuts assigned to this keypad would have to match up to the shortcuts in vMix. Initial setup may be alot of work but it seems doable if other solutions don't work out.
richardgatarski  
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 10:45:37 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Yo Tim!
Got your e-mail thanks.

EDIT: This question is perhaps valid if you want to overwrite an image on the fly. On the other hand, the API/ShortCut SetImage could easily be used instead.
To begin with, I have a question for Martin (in case he see this). vMix check image Inputs 10 times/second to see if the image file has changed. It would be really nice if the same could be implemented for images used in Titles. As of the current version (14.0.0.86) it is not even possible to overwrite the background image (permission denied).

Our application does not use shortcuts, but control the title texts and on/off via API calls. We could probably control via your list solution too, but having the image file names in the SmartTitle preset files would be better.

sidenote, I'll try and find some time to record a SmartTitler demo.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
tdurhamjr on 10/27/2014(UTC)
h2video.nl  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 11:14:15 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
permission denied could be an administrator issue.
When you open an application that wants to write to an administration reserved folder, you should open the application as administrator (right click and open as administrator).

When you use the title editer you have to open it as an administrator as well to be able to write to the vmix title directory which is in systems...

Does this help?

Stefan
richardgatarski  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:06:27 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

OK, so I've published a post about the demo of SmartTitler (in beta). Check it out, and tell us what you think (in that topic).

Please DO NOT COMMENT SmartTitler HERE, as this topic is about something else (although related).
richardgatarski  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:37:09 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

h2video.nl wrote:
permission denied could be an administrator issue.
When you open an application that wants to write to an administration reserved folder, you should open the application as administrator (right click and open as administrator)
Stefan

Thanks, but I think it is rather that the file is locked up by vMix. (And in my case the images are on another drive that needs no administrative priviliges).

In any case, I've edited my post to make a note of that the problem is irrelevant (read circumvented).