logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coskel22  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 6:35:06 AM(UTC)
coskel22

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Has anyone on here figured out a way to pull the scoreboard into vmix without using PiP?

Having the same person running vmix also trying to start stop the clock during gameplay is problematic to say the least.

Any suggestions?

(I don't hate PiP, but in one venue we work in the game clock is in bad condition with burned out bulbs)

Thanks in advance
petraproductions  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 10:47:17 AM(UTC)
petraproductions

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We use SportzCast and it works well for us.

http://www.sportzcast.net/
coskel22  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 12:06:15 PM(UTC)
coskel22

Is it a box that goes between scoreboard and our mixer? Can you tell me a little more about how it works in your setup?
Egriswold  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 12:32:00 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
coskel22 wrote:
Is it a box that goes between scoreboard and our mixer? Can you tell me a little more about how it works in your setup?

In a nut shell if the scoreboard receives its data from compatible controller there is a small box that is placed in line which sends signal back to
SportzCast server which in tern sends the data to your system which has their software loaded on it that writes a PNG graphic to designated folder every second
so clocks and scores are updated. I'm a reseller for them and have seen it in action. Works fantastic.
You can use there templates or build your own background in PhotoShop then define the data areas by drag and drop.
Hope this helps
tdurhamjr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:23:48 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
petraproductions wrote:

http://www.sportzcast.net/

We have also purchased the SportzBot by SportzCast. That is the only way to go for having an automated score update. We were not able to get it working correctly with our ancient football scoreboard system but it should be fine for basketball. We will have a new scoreboard next year for football so we will be sitting nice for next year.

As someone already mentions, this is just a device that plugs into your scoreboard controller (in pressbox or at officials table). It will take the data from the scoreboard "controller" and feed it as an overlay to your vMix stream. It is still just another input so you can turn it on and off at will. The clock, score, timeouts, the whole shabang is syncronized and automated. There is no other way to do it in my opinion.

This is sort of related.
Dakstats offers their Stat software free to high schools. You can purchase a module from DakStats called "Press Row Monitor" for $150. This add-on module will display all the up-to-date (as in 5 seconds) stats on a monitor that you can put in front of your commentators (and stadium announcers). They will have access to all the stats as the game is played (provided your stat entry person is using the DakStats software of course :)

What I would like to see is something from them where they allow you to upload all the pictures of all your players. Then have the ability to throw up a stat overlay with the player picture and their current stats with updated stats at that moment. I am going to send them an email and see if I can generate any interest.
ZachSchuster  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 1:36:03 AM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

tdurhamjr wrote:
petraproductions wrote:
What I would like to see is something from them where they allow you to upload all the pictures of all your players. Then have the ability to throw up a stat overlay with the player picture and their current stats with updated stats at that moment. I am going to send them an email and see if I can generate any interest.

This is the end goal of CGStatLink products! Utilizing StatCrew, DakStats, etc... for pulling in player and team stats in almost real-time! We're still working on "Lite" products that automate a lot of the game status elements for a scorebug, but Pro versions will handle team and player stats, and have options for linking images to specific players. That's still a little while in the future, but it's the end goal!

CGStatLink will also work with ScoreOCR and Sportzcast for pulling in real time clock feeds.

Check it out at http://www.cgstatlink.com

Here is an example of an American Football scorebug. All of the dynamic elements are parsed from the StatCrew file and then the datat is output as an XML or CSV for external CGs to utilize, and then also the CGStatLink Internal CG will render a dynamic PNG that systems like vMix can pull in as an Image Source. Timeout images, possession image, etc... are all customizable.

UserPostedImage
coskel22  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:12:00 AM(UTC)
coskel22

Wow, looks amazing. Does it work with Pointstreak?
ZachSchuster  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 10:34:22 AM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

At the moment the only stats compatibility is StatCrew with American football and baseball/softball. I have reached out to Pointstreak to see what it would take to get data from them. As I understand it, they're more cloud-based (where StatCrew, DakStats, etc... are application based and write out a stats file that CGStatLink parses) so there is probably central databases and whatnot. We'll have to see what they say.

My goal is to have a means to easily throw up player headshots in the Pro versions that can be a mix of static data like height/weight/position/etc... as well as live stats. So if live stats are not available you can still throw up identifying information with little effort.

Thanks!

Zach
ZachSchuster  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:16:08 AM(UTC)
ZachSchuster

We have posted a new poll on the CGStatLink Website concerning payment options. Your input is appreciated!