logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
antz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:36:35 AM(UTC)
antz

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Is it possible to have swap input so that I do not have to redo my shortcuts over and over again.

Here is the scenario.

Let say I have
- 8 live camera
- 10 desktop capture
- 24 graphic title overlay

I have this every time we do live broadcast. Most of the time desktop/laptop operators does not come all at the same time. So there is no way I can add his input on the setup. That is where the problem comes in because I cannot assign a shortcut on that specific input.

What I am thinking is for vmix to have a swap input feature so that you can simply add blank images in place of your expected input and when the actual input goes online, you can swap that image input to the real input that you really want to be there. It can be camera, desktop capture or whatever.

This way you can setup all your inputs effects, multi screen, assign shortcuts to it and do every pre production setups and settings you may need as if everything is setup already. When the real inputs comes online, then you can simply swap things.

With this feature I will be able to assign input 1-10 as my camera (8 expected and 2 reserved)
input 11-20 as my desktop capture input and so on...

See screenshot for concept user interface

Currently, it is a challenge to setup overlays, assign shortcuts to it, knowing that there will be 20 or more inputs that needs to be added to the setup later.

With swap feature, I can even simulate things at home and save my preset then open it at the production site ans swap things over. Things will be a lot easier and I may be able to come up with more stunning effects, stingers, etc because I can prepare things long before production setup starts

I hope that make sense.

thanks
antz attached the following image(s):
SWAP-vMIX.jpg (350kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:58:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
See the change feature here:

http://www.vmix.com.au/h...nputSettingsGeneral.html

You can add colour inputs to build a preset and replace them with a different type of input at any time.
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:20:18 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ antz

Not all that intuitive but as Martin suggests you can use "Change" instead of the "Add input" when adding desired inputs to a pre-established but "Blank" set up.
Personally, my basic 'pre-set' consists of 10 "Colour" inputs that are always consistent with my shortcut keys and I choose to configure them with the Multi-view feature as opposed to changing the source as per Martin's reference. I call it my Mix Effects bus since I can alter any of the outputs to just about anything I want but the first 8 will always be my "go-to" inputs and are always the ones displayed on the multiview screen so I do not have to worry about assigning new shortcut keys to new inputs, basically, my number pad becomes my 'defacto' switcher.

Ice
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:31:16 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I think my feature request Export/Import individual inputs and shortcut sets, if implemented, would help antz, IceStream, and many others. Importing a set of settings would be much easier and faster than manually do the changes required.

In addition, a shortcut key "Import Input" where value is the name of the file to be imported would make it super easy for the operator.
antz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:34:07 PM(UTC)
antz

Hi all,

Thanks for all your reply.

I have to admit I missed the change input feature because I was on vacation for sometime and I missed version 13. I upgraded from 12 - 14 straight up. I only read changes on version 14.

Thanks for this.