logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nrocon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:50:40 AM(UTC)
Nrocon

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully used an Epiphan VGA2Ethernet device with VMix? (This converts VGA or DVI or HDMI to a stream over ethernet, and is apparently compatible with any Directshow compatible device)

This is the device I'm referring to: http://www.epiphan.com/p...e-grabbers/vga2ethernet/ The application is presentation capture at conferences.

Thanks, greatly appreciate any experience shared.
hogwam  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 6:35:08 AM(UTC)
hogwam

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've used a similar device - http://visionaudiovisual.../techconnect/tc2-matrix/
simply take a HDMI output from the graphics card and transmit over the network to a large screen at the other side of the park.

These run at 50Mbps - You need plenty of network capacity if you're thinking of running several
n.b. as with any of these type of devices, both TX & RX need to be in the same broadcast domain/subnet
thanks 1 user thanked hogwam for this useful post.
Nrocon on 10/10/2014(UTC)
Nrocon  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 7:31:26 AM(UTC)
Nrocon

Thanks for that Hogwam - looks like an excellent and cost effective device. I take it you've had a good experience - stable TX and good picture quality?

Two features I do need though are VGA capture as well as HDMI, but also the ability to "loop through" any signal, so I can screen-grab an output from a laptop, but it can then be passed on to any external display device such as a projector.