logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
posword  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 3:35:46 AM(UTC)
posword

Groups: Registered

I have an animated overlay and I want it to pause on the last frame. How do I set that?
Bardos  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:30:32 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I do not know how to do that in vMix, but I would place it in an editing program, and freeze the last frame for the duration I want....in Edius, my editing program, I would make a still frame of the last frame, and stretch it to the duration, and then bring it into vMix.....give that a try....hope it works for you
posword  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:56:09 PM(UTC)
posword

Bardos wrote:
I do not know how to do that in vMix, but I would place it in an editing program, and freeze the last frame for the duration I want....in Edius, my editing program, I would make a still frame of the last frame, and stretch it to the duration, and then bring it into vMix.....give that a try....hope it works for you

I have Edius but your suggestion doesn't solve my problem. The animation is of a green screen monitor with various text and I need only one instance of it that will freeze or pause the last frame until I am ready to take it off the output. Otherwise I wouljavascript:__doPostBack('forum$ctl01$Preview','')d need to do what you suggest for every usage. Thanks, anyway.
Ash  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 10:47:29 PM(UTC)
Ash

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Set you out point on the animation, would that work?
posword  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:48:27 PM(UTC)
posword

Ash wrote:
Set you out point on the animation, would that work?

Ash, I'm not certain I understand how to do that? In a NLE or vMix? However, given that the project is one man, one computer, one video, it has to be something simple that can be handled while the session is in progress. Hence the concept of pausing the end of the overlay until I'm ready to click on that input and hence stop it.

I think I've seen something like that in vMix, perhaps in the virtual studio window, where you can determine what happens when a clip is finished: either loop it, fade it, stop it, something like that.

Thanks for your input.

Peter
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:23:41 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ posword

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to accomplish, but as Ash suggests, you can freeze frame your video in vMix by marking an out point on the playback track and it will stop there every time you play it.
To do that, set your video to the preview screen and scrub to the point you want the video to stop (Freeze frame).
Right click on the playback head.
Select "Mark Out".
(end marker moves to playback head location)
Now whenever you play the video (in your case as an overlay) it will stop on that frame.
The down side is that it will not play from that point on to continue the video (if that's what you want to get to the end of it).
After you reset it, it will start from the beginning again and play all the way through.

Ice
posword  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:59:37 AM(UTC)
posword

@ Ice Stream

Thanks. I understand what you and Ashare saying, and I'll test it out for possible use.

The animation is a quicktime motion graphic with alpha clip converted to .avi format, It is about 4 seconds in length and shows a monitor coming down or from left or right onto the current shot, and then displays whatever you designate in its chroma-key display: text, powerpoint, video. The last frame has it in its resting position.

Each usage during a session would be of varying lengths depending on what is showing. I want to freeze the last frame in vMix every time and then when it is appropriate click on that input to stop it. So the one clip is constantly used throughout the presentation. Hence the idea of a "Mark Out" could well work.

As it is a purchased product I cannot attach the file to this post.

Thanks,

Peter