logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikegauer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 3:35:57 PM(UTC)
mikegauer

Groups: Registered

Hey All,

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced these specific symptoms and if they resolved it.

On occasion, our framerate drops in a lag-style. It's viewable in the preview monitor, input thumbnails, live output, and recording. It's unresolvable without closing and reopening Vmix. In addition to that, some of our videos that we play through Vmix (like our bumpers for example) will play with loads of artifacts. In one case the bumper had flashing artifacts from what looked to be the Multi-view output overlaying the stream. Unfortunately I don't have a recording handy of that particular instance, but I do have recordings to show the other symptoms. I'm hoping they are all related.

Please watch This Clip for about 20 seconds, this is a reference of how Vmix operates normally using our hardware

Now please compare that against This Clip which shows a lousy playback of the same bumper and with the video having some subtle lag.

Usually it's resolvable with a program restart or system restart. Any thoughts or suggestions? These symptoms have been present since Vmix 11.

System Specs:
Vmix 13.0.0.142 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro
Intel i7-4770 @3.50Ghz
24GB of RAM
500GB SSD write drive.

Thanks All,
Mike
thecloudmediagroup  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 3:55:04 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
mikegauer wrote:
Hey All,

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced these specific symptoms and if they resolved it.

On occasion, our framerate drops in a lag-style. It's viewable in the preview monitor, input thumbnails, live output, and recording. It's unresolvable without closing and reopening Vmix. In addition to that, some of our videos that we play through Vmix (like our bumpers for example) will play with loads of artifacts. In one case the bumper had flashing artifacts from what looked to be the Multi-view output overlaying the stream. Unfortunately I don't have a recording handy of that particular instance, but I do have recordings to show the other symptoms. I'm hoping they are all related.

Please watch This Clip for about 20 seconds, this is a reference of how Vmix operates normally using our hardware

Now please compare that against This Clip which shows a lousy playback of the same bumper and with the video having some subtle lag.

Usually it's resolvable with a program restart or system restart. Any thoughts or suggestions? These symptoms have been present since Vmix 11.

System Specs:
Vmix 13.0.0.142 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro
Intel i7-4770 @3.50Ghz
24GB of RAM
500GB SSD write drive.

Thanks All,
Mike

We have had a similar issue, however we have never had the video artifacts like in your video. Our experience has been more indicative of a frame rate slump in the fullscreen output for anywhere from 20-60 seconds. It usually corrects itself yet doesn't show up as any dropped frames or resync.
admin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 8:27:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4159 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi Mike,

Sounds like an Intel Graphics issue, have you tried installing the latest drivers from Intel's web site?
Also try installing the latest vMix 14 Preview.

http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2656

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
mikegauer on 9/8/2014(UTC)
mikegauer  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 4:45:21 PM(UTC)
mikegauer

Thanks Martin,

Interesting you mention the Intel graphics. I'm running a GeForce 770 with the main Vmix monitor and the projector out on it, and the onboard Intel graphics controller was supplying a 2nd and 3rd desktop monitor.

I've upgraded to Vmix 14 preview, installed the latest Nvidia graphics drivers, disabled the onboard Intel controller and have plugged in the 2nd and 3rd supporting monitors into the GeForce card.

I'll post back with an update in the coming weeks if this resolved the issue for anybody else finding this forum for similar symptoms.

Thanks!
Mike