logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bardos  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 1:43:15 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi all, is there a way to add backgrounds to images or green screened talent without having to first load it into vMix......I ask this because I have to add all my backgrounds in order to place as background....I can do this in other software I tested, and am wondering why it is not implemented in vMix.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 8:45:57 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Bardos

Not sure I understand the issue, can you give an example?
I don't know of any software that allows you to use images that have somehow not been "added".

Ice
Bardos  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 11:48:56 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
.What I was really trying to say, is there a way to load a background image without having to load it and have an input window that clutters the windows real estate....I think I may have an idea to avoid having so many loaded..I will try adding them in a list, so that all I have to do is open the list and select what I want rather than having 3 or 4 backgrounds showing on the window.......
sinc747  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 1:13:34 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
You can assign the Image Input to a different color level so that it does not take up screen real estate.

For example: set the Image Input (your background file) to the Purple Level. Set the other Inputs that you use frequently to the Red Level. Then, when you are broadcasting and need the screen real estate, just work using the Red Level. That way the background Image Input will be out of sight (but still handy if needed).

With four Levels available, you can really get your Inputs organized.
Len56  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 1:13:41 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Bardos wrote:
.What I was really trying to say, is there a way to load a background image without having to load it and have an input window that clutters the windows real estate....I think I may have an idea to avoid having so many loaded..I will try adding them in a list, so that all I have to do is open the list and select what I want rather than having 3 or 4 backgrounds showing on the window.......

I did email Martin on this exact subject a couple of weeks ago as I wanted to make my own virtual sets up, Martin came back to me with this answer:

Yes, the only way to add animated elements to a virtual set is by having them as separate inputs.

Kind Regards,

Martin Sinclair
vMix
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 2:13:35 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Bardos

As opposed to "List", I would put all my BG's in one folder and load a single "Images" input with that folder as the source and select from there (if you need more than one image simultaneously, I would add a duplicate "Images" input of the folder again).
As Tom suggests, you can also add the input into one of vMix's colour coded folders to better organize your screen estate.
On top of that you can "Minimize" the input by RIGHT CLICKING it's Title Bar (turns the Title Bar sideways and hides the visual) to save additional space.

@ Len56

Virtual Set BG's might be a little bit different from a basic Green Screen BG.

Ice