logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 8:33:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix 14 is already in the works and will be focused on the following:

* Optimising existing features with a focus on the new audio engine
* Improving performance
* Tweaking the UI in a few areas to make things more consistent and easier to understand.

So there won't be any major new features this time around.
(The new instant replay system will form part of vMix 15 due out early next year).

What I am already working on:

* Improved interlaced handling. True interlaced input and output support!
* Audio performance and quality improvements, ability to separate stereo sources into two separate mono faders.
* Better audio device handling if device is not plugged in
* Adding prompt to restart when certain settings are changed. This is done seamlessly with the current preset saved and loaded again.
* Folder browsing will use recent directory where possible
* Cut button becomes Prv when MouseClick action is Cut

Please post here:

* Bug reports
* Performance issues in vMix 13 you would like looked at (please provide detailed information on your system, settings etc)
* User interface tweaks

As always feature requests should not be posted here. You may post a link to your existing feature requests
post if you think I may have forgotten about it!

Thanks,

Martin
vMix

thanks 3 users thanked admin for this useful post.
lbgaus on 8/10/2014(UTC), richardgatarski on 8/13/2014(UTC), Damn2Good4U on 8/14/2014(UTC)
lbgaus  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 1:02:46 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Some notes about audio:

1. This may be a bug... I'm noticing that if a Decklink input only contains audio on the left channel, and I go to the audio settings and set Channel to left, then subsequently increase or decrease the gain slider, this gain adjustment only affects one of the channels. The other one is unaffected by gain adjustment.

2. Can the audio meters be made a little more scientific with a dBFS legend and possibly a style redesign to add more resolution to the audio meters than they have now?

Additionally, a feature request about vectorscopes for consideration in vMix 14/15: http://forums.vmix.com.a...p;m=11455&#post11455

Thank you very much!
rrpro  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:31:25 PM(UTC)
rrpro

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This would be easy to implement: http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2186 on v14
Please note all posts :)

Do you think it might be added on this version? I would love a feedback.
Craig R  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:44:17 AM(UTC)
Craig R

admin wrote:
vMix 14 is already in the works and will be focused on the following:

* Audio performance and quality improvements, ability to separate stereo sources into two separate mono faders.

Very impressive I only asked for this on Wednesday, 6 August

Thank you Very Much Martin for including this in Vmix 14

Craig R
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:39:31 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
rrpro wrote:
This would be easy to implement: http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2186 on v14
Please note all posts :)

rrpeo, I am pretty sure Martin has not forgotten about the preservation of various windows' settings ;)

With respect to cutter07's idea on window layouts over multiple display I find that very interesting. But I guess it's to far off from just "tweaking the UI". So, instead I'll be adding some more thoughts in that particular feature request topic.

Martin,
The dropdown for Open preset are sorted in the order of when the presets were saved. Is it not more logical to have it sorted by when they were opened? That is, the most resently opened on top. But of course, if a preset is saved it goes to the top.
(Sorry if my earlier requests on this matter gave you the impression that I wanted it sortered by save order only).

Regarding consistency I think an overhaul of how things are separated/organized in Settings/Audio, Settings/Recording, and "Recording Setup" would be useful.

Perhaps a warning if there is a mismatch between the frame rate set in External Output "vMix video device" and "Streaming setting". Different rates may be intentional (thus a warning, not an error). But a user might think that changing only one of the settings implies that the other one changes too.

And then I humbly remind on [url=Vertical scroll bar ]Vertical scroll bar[/url], Create Virtual Input (and switch to it's dialog), Shortcut Clickinput, Slicker Access to We/API, and Modules design.

Much obliged.
Duff TV  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 9:05:03 PM(UTC)
Duff TV

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well done Martin, AUDIO is such a huge part of our productions. I like the idea of 2 separate sliders for mono signals.

GO Vmix.
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 7:23:46 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

admin wrote:
* Folder browsing will use recent directory where possible

The more I think of it, the more I believe that a "Working folder" would be extremely useful.

This way whenever vMix looks for a file (eg in a shortcut) and is not given a fully qualified path, vMix should use the Working folder as a starting point for a relative file lookups.

Or (perhaps optionally if set so) vMix should start relative lookups depending on the action at hand:
- when "Add Input" same folder as for the last used input of the same kind.
- when "Change" for an input: same folder as last used for that input.

As it is today, if I for example add an Image input with the file "D:\project\graphics\pause-for-lunch.png". Then try to add another Image Input with the file "soon-starting.png" (which is in the same folder) I get an error.

With a working folder "D:\project" I could easily enter "graphics\pause-for-lunch.png" and "virtual sets\OwnDesign". And more important, when moving or copying the project folder to a new place (eg "e:\newproject") one just have to change vMix's working folder.

Related feature request topic: Relative Path for inputs
Microsoft info: Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces
krassesPferd  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 4:52:44 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Really looking forward to v14.

Just a small request. Would be great to have this implemented: http://forums.vmix.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&m=11573&#post11573

Regards,
Yannick
progresstv  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 5:46:13 AM(UTC)
progresstv

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'am using VMIX very nice Software.
It will be nice give VMIX a new dress
Something like LIVESTREAM or Tricaster look

Thanks
ber142  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 9:08:11 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

A few UI requests.

Is it possible to sort the functions alphabetically, when adding shortcuts? Or prefix them by some category, like 'Transistion - Fade', 'Audio - Solo'. Since the list becomes longer and longer, its very hard to find a function.

Another idea, add a small textbox with some explanation (and the parameters) of the current selected function.

If I remember correclty, in earlier versions it was possible to add a shortcut direcly from 'view shortcuts' dialog (instead of doing it via the settings dialog). Is it possible to introduce a 'add new shortcut' option in the 'view shortcut' dialog to avoid extra mouse clicks?

Last one, I notice that it's not possible to add a new PowerPoint input via the API (and shortcuts). "PowerPoint|c:\filename.ppt" as parameter with "AddInput" doesn't work. Can that be implemented/fixed?

Many thanks.

Kind regards, Hanno.
Kelvin  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 9:01:24 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
How about a setting for an input to disable certain buttons for that input.

Last week, my wife was running the software and accidentally clicked an overlay button for one of the video delay inputs. In the configuration we were using, there would never be a need for that input to be an overlay. A setting could disable the unneeded buttons to minimize the chance for accidents by less experienced users.
Bardos  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 9:27:02 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
progresstv wrote:
I'am using VMIX very nice Software.
It will be nice give VMIX a new dress
Something like LIVESTREAM or Tricaster look

Thanks

I asked for that many times, but I was told it may cause a limit to what the program is now able to do...as it is now, we have great features that no other software is offering, but my point is that no one will ever use 1000 inputs...It would be great to have a second program written to address a livestream look, but can communicate with the present vMix....A quick fix would be to have a software switcher built to use with vMix,
richardgatarski  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:50:30 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Tried my best to isolate what might be a bug in v13.0.0.142 (Win7 64 bit). Can't unfortunaly not test on other PCs due to lack one with an extra Intensity Pro card.

The basic problem is that if the External output is set to display anything than the default "Output", the Fullscreen will only display Output (not Preview, Multiview or any of the Inputs).

I reset the settings to default, setup for PAL 1280x720 at 50p, External Renderer to 1280x720 50p, Intensity Pro, HDMI.
Re-started vMix
Then with an extra monitor attached checked that Fullscreen would show Output, Preview, Multiview, and some Inputs.
Also checked that External output showed Output when On (clicked External button).
Clicked External Off.
Then if changing Settings/Outputs External Renderer to "Preview", the Fullscreen changed to Output as I clicked "OK".
Fullscreen cannot be changed to any other source. Doesn't matter if the External is on or off.

Anyone that can confirm or prove me wrong?
thomas  
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:54:21 AM(UTC)
thomas

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Very nice, looking forward to V14.

Do you have any ETA for it? I`m doing a large production for broadcast (national TV) and ondemand in the middle of september. We`re producing in interlaced, and i would love to be able to do a native interlaced throughput-production.

Best regards
Thomas
r@wisla  
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:53:48 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Video Delay - add audio checkbox, that enables option to record video with audio.

No need (for me...) to use this audio when playback in vMix, but a great option to have files with audio, that we could create highlights from them in post production.

Would you consider this as a new feature or tweaking the old one? :)
richardgatarski  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 11:51:48 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Likely bug, related to the issue with Custom fonts in Title designer.

Just noted that vMix does not recognize extra installed fonts either. That is, when used as Titles in vMix. I hand coded an XAML file with Arial (works), Impact (works), Arvil (installed .ttf, does not work), and TradeGothic (.pfm, does not work). When it does not work it seems to default to Arial.

Thanks.
krassesPferd  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 11:54:42 AM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I've noticed a bug in the trigger function. There you have actions as "set alpha" or "setText" in the function-dropdown. This sounds quite good and using this function would make work much easier. But there is no text field to type in a value. In the shortcuts-window you can set a function and a value for this action (f. ex. "200" for "set alpha") In the trigger-window are only text fields for "duration" and "delay".

Would be great if this text field could be added in v14.

Regards,
Yannick
admin  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 11:27:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)