logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:25:34 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Recently I did my first live stream.

Not in the easyest of conditions;
- decent 3G upload (managed 480P)but problems with download (barely anything at times), trying to figure out best settings to get it going anyway, figuring out YT an waiting endlesly to get respone while the upload was already working lol.
- Outdoors in middle of nowhere with at times a storm condition (working with camera mast)
- Messed up connectors which gave all kinds of issues but battled on.
- not a perfect way ( also last minute ' assignment' but viewers happy they got something of the event with on screen information etc ,dispite interuptions, at times bad footage etc. (catching a lightning strike one rather not stream ;-) )

Yet Martin responded imidiatly en tried his best to investigate recording issues (sound and frames) while the faults were more likely my hardware problems (connectors damp for example creating weird stuff)etc.

What I want to say is Martin does check to see, if any vMix, isn't at times to blaim for causing some or exhagerating some of the problems I encountered.
For this I wholeheartedly want to thank Martin for the support during my steep learning curve even being a small fish in a huge tank of experienced and knowledgable people of which I also have to thank many of them for feedback on questions I posted or messaged.

Great software and great community !

Was a worthwhile experience :-).

Thank you
Guy
thanks 1 user thanked doggy for this useful post.
garci66 on 9/3/2014(UTC)