logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swsslp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:59:51 PM(UTC)
swsslp

Groups: Registered

Does anyone have a good hockey scoreboard with game and penalty clock built into it, kind of like LT Scoreboard?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:15:00 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
You can always try to build your own with the Title Designer if you are up for it (I did)... but I caution you, it is very difficult to manage multiple penalty clocks with vMix (I have yet to get it right with overlapping penalties and 4 minute headshots). Certainly, the LT Scoreboard is well thought out and looks like it's a lot easier to manage than vMix's xaml interface but it's not impossible if you set-up the right shortcuts. Having someone to manage the clocks would be a big bonus if you have the resources. The biggest issue is starting and stopping on time (keyboard shortcuts don't work if you are active in another window, but web interface does, which is what I am exploring now)

Ice
tesn  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:46:03 AM(UTC)
tesn

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
IceStream wrote:
(keyboard shortcuts don't work if you are active in another window, but web interface does, which is what I am exploring now)
Ice

Look into AutoHotKey. We use that because of the same issue . . . windows not being active. It's sort of a global hotkey program that can activate windows for you.

-Brian

TESN.US
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:05:06 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Brian
It seems to me that I have looked at AutoHotKey before but did not find it to be "the" solution, perhaps I need some re-educating? How exactly have you used it in your set-up? If I remember correctly, I tried to use it with the Novation Launch Pad midi controller but found that the same issue existed with the shortcuts being inactive when working in another window.

Ice
doggy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:16:50 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
tesn  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2013 8:58:18 AM(UTC)
tesn

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I used autohotkey to send keystrokes to vMix which triggered shortcuts.

AutoHotkey script:

; Control+Alt+i Sends keystroke A to vMix (Window title will vary based on your vMix version obviously)
^!i::
IfWinExist vMix SD
{

WinActivate
Send {a}
}
return

As I described in my 'Bugs and Requests' post, we had an xKeys keyboard that would send the ctrl+alt+i keystroke

-Brian

TESN.US
swsslp  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 2:01:48 PM(UTC)
swsslp

IceStream wrote:
You can always try to build your own with the Title Designer if you are up for it (I did)... but I caution you, it is very difficult to manage multiple penalty clocks with vMix (I have yet to get it right with overlapping penalties and 4 minute headshots). Certainly, the LT Scoreboard is well thought out and looks like it's a lot easier to manage than vMix's xaml interface but it's not impossible if you set-up the right shortcuts. Having someone to manage the clocks would be a big bonus if you have the resources. The biggest issue is starting and stopping on time (keyboard shortcuts don't work if you are active in another window, but web interface does, which is what I am exploring now)

Ice

I have created some great scoreboards in photo shop but I am having trouble figuring out the xaml part of it. Any suggestions?
tinggren  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:18:49 PM(UTC)
tinggren

Hello!

I'm a propper newbee to all this, but we are a group of people that are going to broadcast our local hockey clubs games.
I wanted to ask if there has been any updates in this question, a hockey scoreboard in vMix?
We want to use graphics for as much as possible instead of having to put a camera at the scoreboard in the arena and put it in to picture.

So I would like to know if it is possible to create a working game clock in vMix with penalties, preferably multiple ones if necessary.
If so, is there a easy explanation to how to do it?
Or is there any one here who would have to patience to guide me, or one of my more technical friends, through this?

Thanks in advance.
IceStream  
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:53:39 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ swsslp

I would suggest importing your scoreboard as an image into the vMix Title Designer.

http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=1250

And then add the appropriate "text"/"clock" fields on top where necessary with the Title Designer
(it may take some getting used to compared to Photoshop, but pretty much anything is possible)

@ tinggren

It is most certainly possible, the biggest issue is managing the clock/clocks:

http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2315
http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2319

If you have the staff, it becomes more feasible if one person is able to monitor and control it.
Once again, the best way is to familiarize yourself with the vMix Title Designer and customize a solution that works best for you.
(I have found that it is better to have the penalty clocks separate from the scoreboard and use them as overlays when appropriate)

Ice