logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ab800  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2024 7:12:49 AM(UTC)
ab800

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi friends!

I have a question that I am having trouble finding the answer to. We have started to include ASL interpreters in our fully switched productions. We brought in a little overlay box in the lower right hand frame which looks great, however when we show slides full screen, the ASL box blocks the slides. So we're thinking of creating a multiview where the ASL interpreter sits outside the frame of the fully switched production so nothing is blocked.

My question is, for backup purposes and future editing, we always record two feeds: 1. the fully switched production plus graphics and overlays and 2. a clean feed with no graphics or overlays. Is it possible to record a multiview of our two boxes (a big one that is the fully switched show and the smaller ASL box) BUT ALSO record just the fully switched production with graphics and overlays from that first box? At 1080p? We'd love to also have that fully switched production recorded with no graphics as a clean feed, but I'm not pushing for the third one too hard if the first two are possible. Has anyone ever attempted this? I've looked into the Multicorder but I know that records separate inputs you can pick and choose from and I'm sort of looking to record more of an output (the fully switched show).

Thanks very much in advance for any help or ideas you might have. I hope my question made sense. Thank you for reading!
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2024 8:58:34 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Hello. The multicorder besides the raw camera feeds,ndi,srt, it records the 4 outputs. So a way to do what you say is to assign (if you have them free) one output 2-4 to this multiview input you want to record so it will record the master sound as audio and the multiview as video. The thing is that if your pc can handle this.
WaltG12  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2024 7:11:40 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 28 post(s)
4K is 4x 1080p.

So a full frame 4x multiview will give you up to 4x 1080p videos.

That said...

Setting the vMix production to 4K will upscale every input in the production to 4K, then shrink it back down to 1080p in the multiview.

The effects of this may or may not be noticeable.

That said...

Bringing a fully switched clean feed into a multiview is probably going to be your hurdle.

The Output input is the Output--not Output 1, 2, 3, or 4. Accordingly, it's not clear of overlays and there's no setting that can change that. I've contemplated looking for a Feature Request for it & making one if it didn't already exist, but haven't yet.

What you can do is something I saw someone else use the Output input for, which I thought was pretty clever.

Use the output input for your fully switched production.

Set your relevant outputs to inputs, rather than "output". Put the output input on those inputs.

Use multiview layers, rather than overlay channels, to toggle overlays.

It's convoluted, and more complex (especially if you're controlling from the GUI), but it'd work.