logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greggibson  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2024 12:48:58 AM(UTC)
greggibson

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I wanted to re-visit a previous feature request to allow vMix Social's Zoom module to login to a different meeting from the primary Zoom inputs. Yes, this requires vMix to have the ability to login to two different Zoom meetings from the same machine. In the past Martin has said the SDK does not support this, but developers at Zoom tell me the SDK has been updated and dual login from the same machine is indeed possible.

The reason for the request is that most professional producers managing virtual events for clients stage the speakers in a separate meeting from the audience. This allows us to capture ISO audio and video in vMix, then push a customized, packaged program feed into a webinar or other meeting. The biggest pushback we get from clients is that the speakers have no direct access to the audience Chat/QA so we have to come up with work-arounds to provide that data. vMix Social currently has the ability to pull chat/QA from the same meeting the primary Zoom inputs are logged into. For the type of production I describe, this is really useless as the speakers already have access to the meeting chat they are logged into.

A better solution is to have the primary Zoom inputs logged into the speaker session, but have the ability to log vMix Social into a different meeting where the audience exists, and where the valuable chat/QA data resides. We could then share the vMix Social browser link with the speakers and they would be able to see what the audience is saying and asking. And we would would have the ability to integrate comments and questions into the program via lower thirds, making the content more engaging.,

A work around I've used is to go back to the old way of using ZoomRoom/ZoomISO pins to capture the speakers, and logging vMix Social into the audience webinar to pull the chat/qa. However, I am spoiled by the built in Zoom integration. It works really well and would be so much more efficient if both needs could be accomplished inside of vMix without third party software.

I really appreciate the Zoom integration. It's made life much simpler in many ways.

Thanks,

Greg Gibson