logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gyapi  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2024 3:17:55 AM(UTC)
Gyapi

Groups: Registered

Hello Vmix group members.

I'm a bit stuck on the task.
SRT in remote production.
The communication between the studio and the cameraman works back and forth on audio channel 1 with a return IP solution and srt audio (JVC 500 camera).
The external sound card device of the vmix detects the microphone BUS B, the instructions of the studio are not included in the recorded recording, but I cannot disconnect the two incoming sound channels of the SRT (commentator and cameraman) so that I do not hear them in the live broadcast and in the recording. only the voice of the commentator should be used in the live broadcast. I tried many things but it didn't work.

Thanks.
ckvideo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2024 9:03:29 PM(UTC)
ckvideo

Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gyapi Go to Quoted Post
Hello Vmix group members.

I'm a bit stuck on the task.
SRT in remote production.
The communication between the studio and the cameraman works back and forth on audio channel 1 with a return IP solution and srt audio (JVC 500 camera).
The external sound card device of the vmix detects the microphone BUS B, the instructions of the studio are not included in the recorded recording, but I cannot disconnect the two incoming sound channels of the SRT (commentator and cameraman) so that I do not hear them in the live broadcast and in the recording. only the voice of the commentator should be used in the live broadcast. I tried many things but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Hi,

if you are on IFB (Interruptable Foldback), than is gets tricky with vMix, since there is no N-1/mix minus setup for outgoing audio. Mix minus only works on vMix Call connections.

You have incoming audio and intercom on the same channel, in this case the same bus in vMix. If you record this bus, all audio on this bus is in the recording.

I don't understand your setup completely, since in vMix you can not have two-way communication on the same SRT data pipe (although the SRT protocol should be able to handle that). As far as I understand, there are two sources in the incoming audio (commentator and cameraman) you want to seperate; but they are already mixed into one audio sum signal. A simpe routing can not seperate this anymore.

We did a similar setup for remote production like this:

Connection 1: | Remote Site: | -> Programm Video + Audio -> SRT -> |Studio: | vMix Input -> Video to PGM (Output) / Audio to Master Bus -> Recording

Connection 2: | Studio/vMix: Intercom Mic -> Audio Bus B -> (Signal Output2: Video: Webcam Producer or Studio Signal / Audio Bus B) -> SRT -> |Remote Site|

You would need a third path like Connection 1 für the cameraman feed. Alternatively, get the cameraman on a vMix Call on his phone and handle the proper audio routing to this call in vMix at the studio site.

Let us know what worked, please.

Best,

Christian

thanks 1 user thanked ckvideo for this useful post.
Gyapi on 9/29/2024(UTC)
Gyapi  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2024 1:53:36 AM(UTC)
Gyapi

Hi Christian,

I managed to solve it, it works perfectly!
The only strange thing is that the voice of the vmix operator is almost realtime, while the voice of the camera operator has some slippage.
But it's easy to get used to.

I got involved in the buses, at first it didn't want to work at all.
The solution was in the vmix channel matrix. I only mark what I want to record and the audio track on the side, and the cameraman's track for the headphones. Flawless.

Greeting
Gyapi