logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Enae  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2024 7:25:18 PM(UTC)
Enae

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi everyone,

I am new to vMix call and never used it. I will be required to connect with a username and password to join a call.

I do not have an username and password yet to connect to join a call and connect here https://www.vmixcall.com/ , but I would like to try in advance to see if the connection works fine and is not blocked. Is it possible to do that, if so, what is the procedure?

I understand vMix call uses the WebRtc protocol, can I assume that if another software using the WebRtc protocol works, then vix call will work on my network ?

Thank you for your help
Have a great day
mavik  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2024 10:26:14 PM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Create a call input in vMix and the system creates the password for you. The password is the call ID. Open a browser, type whatever username (make it meaningful for you) and use the ID/password as the password. That's it basically.
WaltG12  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2024 3:02:03 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mavik Go to Quoted Post
Create a call input in vMix and the system creates the password for you. The password is the call ID. Open a browser, type whatever username (make it meaningful for you) and use the ID/password as the password. That's it basically.

I don't think this poster is intending to use vMix. It sounds like someone informed them that they'll be using a vMix Call link for a conference or interview but didn't provide them any additional assistance for testing/troubleshooting.

There's no real benefit to adding to the learning curve of even getting to the point where a test will work to whatever stress they're currently facing.

I also believe I remember--though I could certainly be mistaken--that a test on the same network won't necessarily yield proper results, as the Call will route peer-to-peer internally, rather than traversing the full network path. But, again, I could be misremembering that.

To the OP: I'm sorry that whomever is apparently hosting the call has dropped the ball.

For my guests, I'd not only strive to get them a call Password (the username is just your name--it doesn't really matter) as far ahead of time as possible, but I'd also walk them through the interface (including images/explanations of all the icons), what to expect, how to know if the call did/didn't connect, and, most importantly, offer to set up a test call for a few hours on an agreed upon date/time that returns a generic image/stock music so they can verify their ability to connect & get used to the interface, while I'm doing something else.

I'm not particularly fond of picking up other people's slack, but since it's not your fault that you're apparently dealing with someone who's just leaving you out to dry, PM me and I'll set you up with the aforementioned test call on my system.