logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ab800  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2024 6:32:37 AM(UTC)
ab800

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello! I am using Vmix 27 on a windows 10 PC, using NDI tools. We have 5 cameras in our theater, and for some reason cameras 4 and 5 are showing up black. When I click on their settings, I can see that their "Resolution" has changed from 1920x1080 UYVY to 1280x720 and the "Frame Rate" has changed from 30p to 29.97p. I have no idea how this happened, and the program won't let me manually change the resolution or frame rate back, and I'm wondering if this is the reason why these two cameras are showing up black. No one has changed anything, but we've recently upgraded to vmix 27 and upgraded NDI tools. Has this happened to anyone and is there an easy fix that I am missing? I've tried to re-add another NDI input from one of these cameras to my vmix preset and it is importing the same incorrect resolution and frame rate and remains black.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!
mavik  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2024 7:06:35 AM(UTC)
mavik

Man

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I don't understand what is generating the NDI. I aasume the camera itself. Try to check the cam one by one in studio monitor. If they all work alone in the network try to add more. It might be a resource or network issue. But just speculation with the limited info you gave. Check CPU, check that vMix is using the GPU in the performance setting. Newer cards allow for more mem allocation. Please check and provide more info for a better help.
pablodna  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2024 10:58:11 AM(UTC)
pablodna

Argentina

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
A couple of questions to help diagnose the issue:

1 - I assume you’re bringing in the cameras via NDI and not through an HDMI or SDI capture card?
2 - Did you try checking if they show up in NDI Studio Monitor?
3 - Are the cameras set to use DHCP?

Thanks.
ab800  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 4:30:52 AM(UTC)
ab800

United States

Thanks so much for the replies. Each camera has an SDI out, which is looped through an SDI to HDMI AJA converter box. Our 5 cameras exist in the SDI world for our monitors in the control room, but we're also bringing them in via NDI to our vmix PC. The AJA converter boxes are each linked to an NVX encoder. I've looked at all 5 cameras in NDI monitor and can see the two that are not connected. I've tried to re-add an input for each camera, but it's still blank. I've reseated the NVX network cables and reseated the HDMI cables, but have not tried power cycling these boxes or rebooting the network. The cameras all have a static IP address. I'm leaning more towards that this is a network issue rather than a camera issue since they look just fine with the SDI signals?
pablodna  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2024 2:50:47 AM(UTC)
pablodna

Argentina

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You are welcome!

Honestly, I'm not familiar with NVX encoders, but I understand that it’s an IP transmission system where a decoder would be on the other end. If that’s the case, it wouldn’t be related to camera ingestion via NDI.

I'm asking about the IP because it’s a typical issue where the camera is detected but shows a black image. This usually happens because one of the devices (PC or Camera) is on a different subnet. Maybe you could check that.

In Studio Monitor, can you see the cameras with their respective image, or do you only see black?

Also, can you access the camera’s menu through the web interface? I mean, if you type the camera’s IP address in your browser, do you reach the menu?

Restarting the whole NDI network wouldn’t be a bad idea