logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beam-A-Live  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2024 4:33:51 PM(UTC)
Beam-A-Live

Groups: Registered
Israel

Hello friends,

I have a podcasting studio with 3 Sony cameras and with 4 microphones (connected to a Behringer UMC404HD 4x4 USB audio interface with ASIO driver)
I would like to have (in addition the program recording) an ISO recording as follows:
- 3 video files of each of the cameras with the MainMix (stereo or mono) as audio track.
- 4 audio files of each of the microphones.

I've tried all kinds of settings in MultiCorder and each time ended up with 7 Video files, all with the same camera and MainMix audio, or 3 video files with the same camera and 4 audio files with MainMix audio...
Tried with selecting inputs on MultiCorder settings and without, with selecting Audio and without, using buses... I just can figure this out to make it work as I need.
What am I missing?
Please help.

Thanks
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2024 10:47:21 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hello. Multicorder can record master or input of the source. If you need to record separate your mics you need to assign a separate audio bus per mic. For example for mic1 bus A,for mic2 bus B,mic3 bus C,mic4 bus D. etc. Then.. You will go vmix-->settings-->outputs/ndi/srt and in an output 2 (or 3,or 4 if you need the 1-2 for anything else) you will press the cog and in the audio channels you will select MABCDEFG. Then in multicorder check to recored output2 will record all the audio channels and channels A,B,C,D, will record each mic audio. Be aware to these buses A-D not to assign anything else than per assigned mic in order to have clear audio from this mic.Also you can select wav button to have separate wav audio channels.Also be aware from the limitation some record formats have. For example if you record mp4 you cannot record more than 6 audio channels.
Other way is to do the audio channels record via the normal record and in the audio select the channels,you need and a proper format to do it.
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
Beam-A-Live on 8/19/2024(UTC)
Beam-A-Live  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2024 11:08:56 PM(UTC)
Beam-A-Live

Israel

Thanks Nikos,
Do you know if there is a way to create just 3 video files, each with 4 separate audio channels of the 4 microphones?
I believe it might be the most simple way to handle on post production.

Thanks again,
Ori
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2024 11:38:54 PM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Beam-A-Live Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Nikos,
Do you know if there is a way to create just 3 video files, each with 4 separate audio channels of the 4 microphones?

Thanks again,
Ori

I dont know if possible. you have 3 cameras and 1 pgm. So you need 4 files. The most simple way i believe is to record your cameras and plus in other output separate wav files. Then in post production you keep your cameras and use the wav separate file.
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
Beam-A-Live on 8/20/2024(UTC)
Luis70  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2024 4:40:57 AM(UTC)
Luis70

Grenada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
All you have to do is set it up,, run a test, TEST, TEST and observe the results...I have 8 inputs at our Horseracing circuit, and record all 8 inputs along with the mixed output, no issues...as long as you see the inputs in the MultiCorder setting window, that is what will be recorded as long as you tick them....just set it up and TEST.....I never came here to ask un-neccessary questions, as I read the instructions, and try in my spare time....or to make sure I understand what the instructions are telling me..

WaltG12  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2024 6:11:06 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Beam-A-Live Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Nikos,

Thanks again,
Ori

Depends on what you're using your buses for.

As of right now, the only 4 channel options for audio recording are MA or FG.

If you have those free to use, that's going to be how you do it. You can use the audio matrix and presets to separate the 4 mics into the 4 channels.

Since you have multicorder, I assume you have the vMix edition 4K or greater.

The 3840x2160 option is 4x 1080p.

What you can do is designate a single output for recording, set that use your MA or FG, and create a multiview at that output with the 4x preset and use your 3 cameras as the first 3 layers, leaving #4 blank.

You can then break it up in a program like Handbrake or even whatever video editor you use.

That'll give you 4x 1080p videos with 4 channel audio in a single recording. (It'd also allow you to add a 4th camera to go along with your 4th microphone, if you so choose, while only using a single output.)

If you don't have MA or FG available, there are other options, but, as you said, this would be the easiest way to do it.