logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DThompson55  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2024 1:53:26 AM(UTC)
DThompson55

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
One of the things we tend to get forget each week is setting full screen on triggers on all new powerpoints. I'd like to automate that task with a script, but I don't see an API for triggers anywhere. Is there one? Or is there another way to approach this?
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2024 2:05:57 AM(UTC)
doggy

Views messages in topic : 5,171
Belgium

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 778 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DThompson55 Go to Quoted Post
One of the things we tend to get forget each week is setting full screen on triggers on all new powerpoints. I'd like to automate that task with a script, but I don't see an API for triggers anywhere. Is there one? Or is there another way to approach this?

depends on what you want to trigger on specifically
DThompson55  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2024 3:08:45 AM(UTC)
DThompson55

United States

Specifically, I want to trigger on Transition In, Function=FullscreenOn, Input=Preview, Duration=500, Delay=250

What I'm thinking of is a little script that parses all the inputs, looks for the ones that are powerpoints, and then setting the above trigger on each of them.
nikosman88  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2024 4:25:58 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Specifically, I want to trigger on Transition In, Function=FullscreenOn, Input=Preview, Duration=500, Delay=250

What I'm thinking of is a little script that parses all the inputs, looks for the ones that are powerpoints, and then setting the above trigger on each of them.

Hello. Are you use the program called Bitfocus companion? If yes,if i understand well what you need to do, no need to make a complicate script as you can do it with 1 companion trigger like this
On transition in means that the pptx will be on program output so when it be it can do the action you need and with 2nd same trigger you can check the invert button to un-do the action if when you do transition out,you need the action to be un-done.
pptx.png (37kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
doggy  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2024 4:51:25 PM(UTC)
doggy

Views messages in topic : 5,171
Belgium

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 778 post(s)

From what i understand:
When a powerpoint is in preview you want to activate the full screen

A small script can read what input is on Preview
Check type of this input and activate fullscreen if its a powerpoint (or anything else with availabel functions)
rinse and repeat
DThompson55  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2024 11:40:51 PM(UTC)
DThompson55

United States

I found what I wanted. It's not using an API per se, but it does the job. Basically, after vmix is shut down I can parse the XML file to locate all of the powerpoint inputs, and from there I can make sure full screen is turned on, and while I'm in there I can set other properties that we always want powerpoints to have. Then restart vMix and it does exactly what I need.

If vmix had some way to set default properties globally that would have solved it perhaps more elegantly. But this is OK.