logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jameslex  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2024 11:57:27 PM(UTC)
jameslex

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
We would like vMix to add a feature to query the HTTP Web API and receive the current elapsed time of a recording.

Our Use Case
We manage a variety of productions every day and maintain a log of key moments for archival purposes.

Right now, we have someone who sits close enough to the TD to see the vMix interface. When something noteworthy happens in the production, they log the elapsed record time in an Excel spreadsheet along with a description.

I looked over the Shortcut Function Reference and did not find an endpoint that returns the elapsed record time. I emailed vMix support, which confirmed this endpoint did not exist.

It was suggested to use the Instant Replay functionality. However, we do not need a series of clips; we need a series of timecodes alongside notes and other metadata for our archive.

I know there are a million-and-one requests in this forum for features. Given vMix has built nearly a thousand API endpoints, I would like to see them add one that returns a short text string for one of the core features of the program: recording.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2024 12:19:20 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 59 post(s)
+1 also there are some other requests for separate the start-stop of the 2 recorders.

For now there exist the shortcut called "recording log" and a script that uses the dynamic values in vmix to log by user an important moment with description on the fly (as soon as you press the shortcut) in the record. The scripts are here https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post81326 and another one im using personally for continouous log https://forums.vmix.com/...hat-logging-is-available and this https://github.com/rse/v.../master/recording-log.vb by using the dynamic values manually to log a point
doggy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2024 12:26:50 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 778 post(s)
While recording the XML API gives a retrivable duration (seconds) of the recording
With a shortcut (WriteDurationToRecordingLog) one can set duration timestamps to the recording log
One could also retrieve the start recording time from the log file and subtract that from the current date/time with a script for duration