logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rollfocus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 5:27:08 AM(UTC)
rollfocus

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a USB audio mixer with at least 12 XLR ins that could also have software control of inputs in vMix (think video sources, vMix callers, etc.)? We're currently using an analog Behringer X222 but would love to move toward a more intuitive digital interface that gives our audio operator control over everything!
andreypetr  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 7:48:48 AM(UTC)
andreypetr

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I don't believe there is one. I am using XR18 and can route audio from vMIX using Audio buses and ASIO. A mixer with ASIO IN-OUT can help you to achieve your goal. Map Audio buses to Mixer inputs, control volume using mixer itself and send master audio back to vMIX.
thanks 1 user thanked andreypetr for this useful post.
rollfocus on 1/9/2021(UTC)
rollfocus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 7:54:30 AM(UTC)
rollfocus

Canada

I hadn't thought of using ASIO to do the job (had more of a mixer/MIDI mashup in mind) but do you run into any issues with syncing audio to video with that method?
andreypetr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:00:26 AM(UTC)
andreypetr

I haven't had any sync issues using this method. You can record all sound coming from vMIX without a mixer, just record Buses that they are connected to. Add mics and other sources connected to mixer using ASIO inputs, and send them to separate buses.
rollfocus  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:54:02 AM(UTC)
rollfocus

Canada

Ok, makes sense... but would definitely be a lot simpler if we can dig up a mixer with MIDI functionality!
andreypetr  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 9:14:45 AM(UTC)
andreypetr

Yes, that's also a possibility.
AudioGreg  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 4:15:18 AM(UTC)
AudioGreg

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
The Yamaha DM1000 has a fader layer for controlling a DAW, and it does support MIDI. Someday I'll have time to get one of mine into the office to see if I can interface it to vMix.

In the meantime, using the CentralControl app you could assign both vMix faders and something like XR18 or X32 faders to a control surface like the x-touch. mixing fader control from differing consoles onto a single control surface is what this software excels at.
rollfocus  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2021 6:58:16 AM(UTC)
rollfocus

Canada

Ok, brilliant - some in the reddit forum have suggested that the Behringer X32 might even connect directly to vMix. Does that sound feasible in your mind?
scooternlv  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2024 5:08:57 AM(UTC)
scooternlv

United States

Have you had issue with audio/video dis-association and audio lag with the XR18? If so, how did you fix the issue? Using a low end behringer interface I had tremendous lag between audio and video. Additionally, what cameras do you find have good resolution for a reasonable price point for live streaming? Any help would be epic. Thanks in advance!

beepchirpwhirr  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2024 3:48:41 AM(UTC)
beepchirpwhirr

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scooternlv Go to Quoted Post
Have you had issue with audio/video dis-association and audio lag with the XR18? If so, how did you fix the issue? Using a low end behringer interface I had tremendous lag between audio and video. Additionally, what cameras do you find have good resolution for a reasonable price point for live streaming? Any help would be epic. Thanks in advance!

You can adjust the audio latency on the input in vmix, see the knowledge base article
nikosman88  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2024 10:54:32 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scooternlv Go to Quoted Post

The lowest camera with reasonable price and a good quality i have seen and use is panasonic hc-v800 that costs about 500€ and is able to hdmi out 1080p. I also have panasonic hc-v180 but no so good as v800. How do you get cameras inside vmix? im using behringer um2 (no asio but the normal window driver) combined with zoom ams-44 (his official asio driver) and a cheap 20$ teyun Q12(by using the universal asio4all drivers) and have no problems video-audio sync.The mics i connect one per xlr input are boya by-wm8 pro k1. My cameras are connected via decklink mini recorder and intensity 4k pro at 1080i. If i need an extra more camera i connect an hdmi to usb capture (uvc compatible about 20$ price and of course not so good quality like the decklinks but acceptable) and still no video-audio sync problems.