logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coop  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2024 8:29:01 AM(UTC)
coop

Groups: Registered
United States

I am running vMix 4k 27.0.0.76 x64. I have a Canon camcorder (xa55) with SDI out with a Shure wireless mic connected. I have the Magewell Pro Convert SDI TX, which converts the SDI feed to NDI. I have a 4-port gigabit POE switch with 1 gigabit connected to my desktop computer. I have no problem adding the Pro Convert Video/Audio feed to vMix. Everything works great for me.

However, I have a laptop on which I launch Zoom with 40 participants. If I use headphones connected to the laptop computer, I can hear the guests without a problem. However, my guest gets a weak audio feed from my microphone. It looks like the mic on the laptop is picking up my audio and not the pro convert audio from my microphone.

The laptop connects to the vMix feed for video—the video feed to Zoom from my desktop computer is no problem. The problem is the audio. I am running NDI on the laptop. I connect to the vMix output signal from the desktop via NDI.

I am using bus A.

I have not figured out how to get my Audio into Zoom from my desktop.
What am I missing?
oubtfulha  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2024 1:59:44 PM(UTC)
oubtfulha

United States

First, make sure that your vMix settings are correctly configured to use the Shure wireless mic connected to the Magewell Pro Convert SDI TX as the audio input source. Check the audio settings in vMix to ensure that the correct microphone is selected for audio input.
coop  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2024 10:01:52 AM(UTC)
coop

United States

Thank you for your comment. I use my vMix setup daily to make YouTube videos. The audio is perfect for recording, and there are no problems at all.

However, there is a problem connecting to Zoom on the laptop. In the past, we needed virtual cables to send audio to Zoom. However, I understand that NDI makes virtual cables unnecessary.

My questions are probably juvenile, but I am a novice at this stuff. So I hope for your patience.

Do I run NDI on the Desktop or the Laptop?

dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2024 9:22:42 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 126 time(s) in 115 post(s)
In the vMix settings, set the audio for your NDI output to Bus A.

https://www.vmix.com/hel...orkDeviceInterface1.html

So when you are already receiving the video through NDI, you are probably already running NDI Webcam on the laptop.

In Zoom, select NDI Webcam also as audio source.

A different way would be to use the direct Zoom integration of vMix 27.