logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carlofornasari  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2024 1:56:43 PM(UTC)
carlofornasari

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Use case:

I have a list of my video packages
I have a list for my lower thirds/supers

I use a hardware controller to scroll through the lists, with separate controls for each list, so one button or knob for video packages and another for lower thirds.

To see which one I am selecting from the list, I will have the list viewer open. Then, I will need to choose which list I am to view/edit from the dropdown list at the top of the viewer window.

It would be nice to be able to see several lists at once. For example, I could see my video list next to my supers list and have that window open on a monitor somewhere so that when I scroll on my hardware controller, I can see which one I am selecting.

Yes, the input's title bar will also show the active list item, and depending on the asset, bringing that input into a multiview window can also display the information I need. However, multiview inputs are a rare resource, and sometimes, they are too small for supers. It also doesn't work for videos. The title bar is sometimes too small and hidden between the 50 or so inputs for an average show.