logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MSFTGuruGuy  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2024 11:42:16 PM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I might not have my search Syntex set correctly because I can’t quite find an answer to this question in the forum.

Is there a way to dynamically set triggers for an input through scripting. For example, I have a shortcut set up to add an input, and I want to automatically copy the triggers from an existing input to the new input using a script.

Tia
Luis70  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2024 11:58:08 PM(UTC)
Luis70

Grenada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
copy the script, paste it on an empty New Text, (right click on any empty space, click New, select text document,) Then back in vMix, retype the trigger, just change the input....that should work....
MSFTGuruGuy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2024 12:27:59 AM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

United States

Thanks How do we accomplish this through scripting.

Here's the usecase:

Scoreboard that uses a video file on Overlay1 as a flyin animation. When the animation is complete, a Trigger(OnOverlayIn Delay) in the flyin animation tells a Title to active on Overlay2 that puts the data elements in the scoreboard. When teams change I am using a shortcut to activate a script that adds an input in VMIX (the new scoreboard with the Awayteam graphic), removes the old game scoreboard and puts the new scoreboard in it's place. Everything works, HOWEVER the triggers need to be added, or I need to understand if there is a scripting function that mimics the "Copy from" button and I can just script to copy the triggers from the old one to the new one before I delete it.

I might seem easy to make VMIX projects for every away team, however that would require dropping the stream which we want to avoid during multi game events.

Here is the animation of the scoreboard and why the 2 overlay functions are needed and triggers are required to delay the Title from showing the score and other text.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqeZVhTyagvdi6RyorSdOnm5D5xn0g?e=9jPOeg

So restating:
I looking for a scripting function that either mimics the "Copy From" Button in the Triggers dialog box in the input, or some kind of "Set Trigger" Function that will allow me to add the missing triggers to an input when I add a new input.

TIA
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2024 12:51:15 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSFTGuruGuy Go to Quoted Post

So restating:
I looking for a scripting function that either mimics the "Copy From" Button in the Triggers dialog box in the input, or some kind of "Set Trigger" Function that will allow me to add the missing triggers to an input when I add a new input.

TIA

Not possible, afaik.

If I understand you right, the video is a separate file, independent from the "Score" on the Scoreboard. Why not just have the videos for all away teams in a list input and go to the next one?
MSFTGuruGuy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2024 12:56:29 AM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

United States

That's a fair question! Reason so far is for simplicity. Using a stream deck, the operator (which are usually students) simply press a button on the stream deck and all the animations inside vmix mix change for the game (besides the score board there are 7 other animations that would update, scoreboard is just one, but all use the same 2 Overlay structure). We can do this on a tricaster, but we've standardized on Vmix so I'm trying to keep the automation to a maximum so they focus on the game storyboard vs getting into VMIX to make changes. Cycling through the list I feel would be problematic in this setting???
dmwkr  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2024 1:00:41 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Of course, there is a shortcut "NextItem" that can be used in scripts. There are also shortcuts for "ListRemove" and "ListAdd" that can be used in scripts, if you want no part of a different team in your project.
MSFTGuruGuy  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2024 1:56:03 AM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

United States

Using the playlist requires all the objects to be loaded into Vmix, correct? That's over 25 x 7 video animations to load which is why the add input function was helpful and better on memory even with a 3090 graphics card and the resizable bar function used. It would seem an API or a simple function to mimic the "copy from" button in the trigger box before that object is replaced would be a simple solution. If that doesn't exist perhaps it will appear in a future update.
dmwkr  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2024 3:46:51 AM(UTC)
dmwkr

Videos in a list are not loaded into vMix like single video inputs, so it should have minimal effect on the performance.

Anyways, as mentioned above it is also possible to just use a list input as a placeholder for only one video. Remove the current Away team video from the list via API and add the next video via API. You will only have one video in the list, but get to keep the triggers and - speaking of simplicity - will also need just two API commands instead of three. ;-)
MSFTGuruGuy  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2024 4:52:28 AM(UTC)
MSFTGuruGuy

United States

Of Course! The Input list.... I was working with the Playlist. Now Were in Business and yes, 2 API commands are better than 3