logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeffmay  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 26, 2024 4:28:00 AM(UTC)
jeffmay

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've been using VMix for several years at my church to run the media presentation in the sanctuary and host the service on Zoom. The addition of direct VMix / Zoom integration is fantastic, simplifies setup and management, and adds capabilities not available when using NDI to connect the Zoom host running on another PC.

I'm running VMix on an Asus TUF Dash F15 / 12th gen I7-12650 / 64 Gb / RTX 3070 8Gb / VMix 4K 7.00.69. I also have another laptop running alongside logged in to Zoom as co-host to monitor attendees, etc. On a typical Sunday we may have a dozen or so remote attendees, nothing massive.

Our internet connectivity in the building is DOCSIS 4.0 cable, 20 x 50 Mb/s, but we have occasionally experienced momentary gaps in service where we lose connectivity for 30 seconds to a minute, and then it returns. With VMix running as the Zoom host what has been happening is that the meeting stays up (another member of the congregation becomes a temporary host) but when the connectivity returns VMix Zoom locks onto the built-in camera in the Azus, and there is no way to change it back to the VMix video bus other than closing VMix and reloading it from the saved setup, which interrupts whatever is happening in-house. It isn't possible to select "disconnect" on the Zoom input(s) and then reconnect as this will end the meeting, and having a co-host logged in prevents disconnection.

I've looked at all of the various options in the Zoom manager and settings available in the Zoom inputs, but I see no way to re-select VMix as the video source.

Or am I missing something?