logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billpoore  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 1:13:00 AM(UTC)
billpoore

Groups: Registered
United States

One thing that would be great to have is a way to disable the vmix video and output to Zoom similar to the "Mute Camera" and "mute mic" features in the actual zoom app. Being able to simply capture a zoom without sending anything is important to our workflow.

Thanks much!!
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 6:23:46 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I humbly suggest that you edit the subject of this topic to "Zoom: Hide video and audio sent by vMix to the meeting".

That would quickly explain to users (and the vMix team) what you are requesting.

Then add one or more use case(s) that explains why that feature is important to your workflow. As well as explain why just sending black and silent audio is not sufficient.

(I can guess why, but not enough convinced yet to give my vote)

If you really are eager to have this functionalty, then suggest how it could be implemented in vMix from the users POV.
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
billpoore on 2/2/2024(UTC)
billpoore  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 7:38:38 AM(UTC)
billpoore

United States

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
I humbly suggest that you edit the subject of this topic to "Zoom: Hide video and audio sent by vMix to the meeting".

That would quickly explain to users (and the vMix team) what you are requesting.

Then add one or more use case(s) that explains why that feature is important to your workflow. As well as explain why just sending black and silent audio is not sufficient.

(I can guess why, but not enough convinced yet to give my vote)

If you really are eager to have this functionalty, then suggest how it could be implemented in vMix from the users POV.

Very much appreciate your feedback. And you're correct. I could have been more thorough. I guess I thought there might be others that might have a similar request, especially with this version being so new. But, point taken.

I head up engineering and operations for a legislative television entity. We need to be able to capture zoom meetings as part of legislative hearings and have multiple vmix users of varying skill level. We need to not be a participant in the meetings, simply a "fly on the wall." While a black input and silent audio bus does work, it isn't ideal for a couple of reasons. 1) Having the camera and mic "muted" uses less bandwidth within a potentially crowded zoom meeting, 2) It looks "different" to the actual participants of the meeting than what they are used to seeing when a camera is turned off and, 3) There is not an easy way to confirm that we are NOT sending audio/video down the zoom. Simpily disabling or "muting" as in the actual Zoom software would be a nice feature. A great way to implement this might be within the right-click menu on the zoom input: "disable audio send" and "disable video send" or something of the sort.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 8:07:59 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
+1
Although I think the turn off/on video and mute/unmute would fit better in the Zoom manager since this feature has nothing to do with the Inputs.

workaround: do not host in vMix and have the Host manage vMix's video and mike.
billpoore  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 8:16:11 AM(UTC)
billpoore

United States

Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
+1
Although I think the turn off/on video and mute/unmute would fit better in the Zoom manager since this feature has nothing to do with the Inputs.

workaround: do not host in vMix and have the Host manage vMix's video and mike.

Definitely an option...although sometimes the host has a hard time just getting the zoom meeting to work :-/
samsp  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2024 8:51:45 PM(UTC)
samsp

United Kingdom

Having the options to turn off/on video and mute/unmute in Zoom Manager would be a great addition.
ovonder  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2024 12:16:05 AM(UTC)
ovonder

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
+1
mixmexmax  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2024 6:25:06 AM(UTC)
mixmexmax

Germany

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1
Video on/off and mute/unmute option in Zoom Manager!