logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blackburst  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2023 2:37:09 PM(UTC)
blackburst

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1 for Zoom inputs to have additional types that are "speaker view" (auto-switching based on audio) and "Gallery View", with mixed audio of all participants and screen share in one stereo pair, the way zoom does.
I have come to rely on these modes in zoom for hundreds of shows, it greatly simplifies the setup and operation becuase setting up individual inputs for each participant can spiral out of control and be inflexible, when most of the time all that is required is a talking head or three. Having this integrated into vmix in the first place will streamline this even further.
For the record, I'm well aware of the more custom ways of doing this with input-per-participant, and all the benefits/complexities that come with it etc., the request is is deliberately for the simpler approach which has its own unique benefits.

Thanks

mvoccola  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2024 11:22:48 PM(UTC)
mvoccola

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I second this request. Having speaker and gallery view, but especially speaker view, is a big deal. I am disappointed to see it isn't there.

We typically use speaker for for corporate events where various leaders chime-in short notice during the Q&A section. Pinning people on inputs just isn't realistic for segments like that with 20-30 people that might jump in to the conversation unscripted.