logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 4:24:38 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
In the Audio discussion topic Marting wrote:

Quote:
All settings in vMix Settings should be assumed to require a restart. There are only a handful of small settings
that work without restarting, these are changing the aspect ratio and configuring the outputs under the Outputs tab.

While changing different settings, including for audio experimentation, I frequently forget to restart vMix, thus sometimes getting fooled that a settings idea does not work. Furthermore, I think for new users it is very easy to miss the note that a restart is required.

Therefore I request that when any settings changes are made, except the "handful", vMix should ask "Restart vMix to apply changes?". And if the answer is Yes, restart vMix (and automatically reload the current preset, but that's sort of in another feature request).

Thanks.
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:51:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4159 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
I've worked out a consistent way of managing this and it will be available in vMix 14.
vMix 14 will be a maintenance release covering a lot of small UI updates that were missed in vMix 13, so it shouldn't be too far away.
Damn2Good4U  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:22:50 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
In the Audio discussion topic Marting wrote:

Quote:
All settings in vMix Settings should be assumed to require a restart. There are only a handful of small settings
that work without restarting, these are changing the aspect ratio and configuring the outputs under the Outputs tab.

While changing different settings, including for audio experimentation, I frequently forget to restart vMix, thus sometimes getting fooled that a settings idea does not work. Furthermore, I think for new users it is very easy to miss the note that a restart is required.

Therefore I request that when any settings changes are made, except the "handful", vMix should ask "Restart vMix to apply changes?". And if the answer is Yes, restart vMix (and automatically reload the current preset, but that's sort of in another feature request).

Thanks.

+1 I also sometimes forget to restart vMix
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 10:27:21 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
admin wrote:
I've worked out a consistent way of managing this and it will be available in vMix 14.
vMix 14 will be a maintenance release covering a lot of small UI updates that were missed in vMix 13, so it shouldn't be too far away.

Wonderful!
And I guess that it is typically also necessary to restart when importing a setting.