logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JazzyJ  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2023 5:26:40 AM(UTC)
JazzyJ

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi, I've set up vMix and Youtube and have been live streaming for a few years.

By 'coincidence' (or laziness) I've left the webrowser on the PC (Fifefox) 'signed in' to Youtube.

If I sign out of Youtube, and just use vMix direct, will it still livestream to YouTube?

So bascially does a PC have to be signed in to the YT account AT ALL TIMES in order to stream from vMix?

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer////

(I'm trying to diagnose why Vmix has not been live streaming. I noticed that someone in church had signed out of the google/YT account - there was no livestream, even when the vmix stream button was red).
kross  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2023 12:51:08 PM(UTC)
kross

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
No, not at all. You might need to sign into Youtube to start or stop the stream, if you don't have the option enabled to automatically start and stop a livestream based on incoming feed. But even that doesn't have to be on the same computer that sends the stream to YouTube.

So no, there is no requirement that the vMix PC needs to be signed into YouTube.
thanks 1 user thanked kross for this useful post.
JazzyJ on 1/1/2024(UTC)
JazzyJ  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2024 3:42:56 AM(UTC)
JazzyJ

United Kingdom

Thanks, I'm at a loss as to why sometimes is doesnt livestream even when vmix stream button is red..
kross  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2024 6:02:51 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

In the stream settings, what is "destination"? Is it Custom RTMP Server, YouTube Live, or YouTube Live Stream Now? The first two require that you have the proper stream key. If you have it wrong, vMix will still think it's streaming, but you won't see anything on YouTube. So verify in YouTube Studio that you're using the right stream key.
JazzyJ  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2024 10:52:35 PM(UTC)
JazzyJ

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: kross Go to Quoted Post
In the stream settings, what is "destination"? Is it Custom RTMP Server, YouTube Live, or YouTube Live Stream Now? The first two require that you have the proper stream key. If you have it wrong, vMix will still think it's streaming, but you won't see anything on YouTube. So verify in YouTube Studio that you're using the right stream key.

In the YouTube LiveStudio my settings are:

Stream Key Settings

Stream key: Default stream key (RTMP, Variable)

Stream URL: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2

Backup server URL: rtmp://b.rtmp.youtube.com/live2?backup=1

Is this what you're talking about? I couldn't find the word 'destination'....
kross  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2024 6:14:25 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

I'm talking about in vMix, if you click the gear icon next to the Stream button.
JazzyJ  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2024 6:58:31 AM(UTC)
JazzyJ

United Kingdom

I'm talking about in vMix, if you click the gear icon next to the Stream button.

I'm using 'YouTube Live' with a stream key.

Is there any beneift to using the 'YouTube Live Stream Now' option instead? My problem is that if I forget to change the 'title' then it doesn't stream to youtube. If I've inputed a new title and cover etc. BEFORE hitting the stream button then all is ok.

What are the differences betweeen 'YouTube Live' and 'YouTube Live Stream Now'?

Thanks for any insight you can offer.
kross  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2024 8:11:23 AM(UTC)
kross

United States

Stream Now will require that the vMix app itself log into your YouTube account, but all you need to do is input a stream title, and it will create a new stream for you.

The way you're doing it, which is the same way I do it, just requires that you input the correct stream key into vMix. It doesn't need any other YouTube credentials to stream.

If the stream key is correct, then most likely you didn't hit the "Go Live" button in YouTube Studio after you started your stream. To make it easier, in YouTube Studio, under the stream settings, you can click the checkbox that says to automatically go live when it starts to receive data.

In my case, I always schedule a stream ahead of time, so people on YouTube will see it as an upcoming stream. I'm not sure if it behaves differently if you don't schedule it ahead of time.
Doren  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2024 9:12:11 PM(UTC)
Doren

Ukraine

I am using a program for streaming in my church. Everything is in the video, I spoke there in Ukrainian, but translated with the help of AI, so I hope you will help me with this issue!!!
THANKS!!!

JazzyJ  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2024 9:36:44 PM(UTC)
JazzyJ

United Kingdom

To make it easier, in YouTube Studio, under the stream settings, you can click the checkbox that says to automatically go live when it starts to receive data.

Thanks for the info - but I can't find this check box in YouTube Studio. What's the location of it? This might be the solution I've been looking for.

In YouTube Studio, it gives me the dashboard, with menu on left of screen. Under 'Settings' it has:

General
Channel
Upload Defaults
Permissions
Community
Creator Demographics
Agreements

I can't find the 'automatically go live...' check box.