logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wthblondie  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2024 11:03:25 PM(UTC)
wthblondie

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

Could someone point me towards some documentation for the OnAudioMeter triggers? I can't seem to find any anywhere, including help26 which doesn't even list OnAudioMeter among the available triggers.

If there isn't any, perhaps I could get some assistance with what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to use an OnAudioMeter trigger to reveal a layer (Input > LayerOn), and then when the audio lowers I want it to be hidden again (Input > LayerOff). The problem I'm running into is that the OnAudioMeter trigger will not happen if the Input is the active program. If I have it only in preview, it works fine.
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2024 12:09:02 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wthblondie Go to Quoted Post
Could someone point me towards some documentation for the OnAudioMeter triggers? I can't seem to find any anywhere, including help26 which doesn't even list OnAudioMeter among the available triggers.

If there isn't any, perhaps I could get some assistance with what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to use an OnAudioMeter trigger to reveal a layer (Input > LayerOn), and then when the audio lowers I want it to be hidden again (Input > LayerOff). The problem I'm running into is that the OnAudioMeter trigger will not happen if the Input is the active program. If I have it only in preview, it works fine.

Hello. This trigger work very basic and from my tries doesnt work exactly how it says or maybe i cant make it work how i need it. For example i need to do something when volume is 0 but i dont find it a way to do it. We need to do script for more presize volume work. Or we can use triggers in bitfocus companion programm in which we can have the exact value we need.
Companion really save my day with this and many other. For example in the screenshot i attach when the linear volume (0-100) reach to 0 for input 21, it will turn off layer 1 in this input. And with another trigger you can do in X volume to do something else. You can use linear volume or exact db volume,meter f1 or f2 from vmix api xml to do something.
Firefox_Screenshot_2024-01-05T14-03-35.076Z.png (45kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

doggy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2024 1:47:23 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)

the OnAudioMeter are a bit limited but for full flexibility one can use a script to read the audio levels from the vMix API XML

https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post98878

https://forums.vmix.com/...Script-for-audio-ducking
wthblondie  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2024 5:46:26 AM(UTC)
wthblondie

Man
Sweden

Originally Posted by: nikosman88 Go to Quoted Post

Hello. This trigger work very basic and from my tries doesnt work exactly how it says or maybe i cant make it work how i need it. For example i need to do something when volume is 0 but i dont find it a way to do it. We need to do script for more presize volume work. Or we can use triggers in bitfocus companion programm in which we can have the exact value we need.

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
the OnAudioMeter are a bit limited but for full flexibility one can use a script to read the audio levels from the vMix API XML

https://forums.vmix.com/...ng-for-Dummies#post98878

https://forums.vmix.com/...Script-for-audio-ducking

Thanks both! I'm kind of a dummy (ha!) so scripting is a bit daunting, but it seems preferable to ANOTHER third party program.
nikosman88  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2024 9:16:31 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)

Thanks both! I'm kind of a dummy (ha!) so scripting is a bit daunting, but it seems preferable to ANOTHER third party program.

Yes of course is preferable to do all the things inside the program but sometimes this demand to be a master or many hours of searching
wthblondie  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2024 10:21:19 PM(UTC)
wthblondie

Man
Sweden

Yes of course is preferable to do all the things inside the program but sometimes this demand to be a master or many hours of searching

Indeed. I'm keeping Companion as a backup if I can't wrap my head around scripting.