logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichShumaker  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2023 12:13:03 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I would like a Music Input like the Photos Input. You put all your music in one folder and then create a single Input inside vMix using that folder.

For my production we need "bed" music and Sound FX.
We can get license free music downloaded from YouTube and other places. We also have sounds we play for "Wacky" effect.

Unfortunately when adding to our production it gets clunky We have an unreal total input count.

With Photos we add them to a folder and have a single input into vMix. We can go directly to any photo or move back and forth with clicks or a slideshow. Super easy and only one input.

Music and sound FX are the exact opposite, a nightmare of inputs and quite hard to program.

Instead of a single input we need an input for every audio source. We bloat from One or Two Inputs to 22+ and that is just sound FX and a few songs.

Now control wise we need to link every Audio input via a complex method unlike Photos where we just click next.

Using a 3rd party app or streaming from a network is definitely possible and a workaround. It just defeats the Mixing concept vMix has. Mixing both Audio and Video and Streaming is easier and better when you have Music locally.

Thanks for checking out my Feature request.
fwieland  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 23, 2023 1:03:05 AM(UTC)
fwieland

Switzerland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You could use a list input, like you use for video. It will also accept audio files
RichShumaker  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2023 1:21:38 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
List input is not available on all versions.

Also they are called "Video Lists" and I understand they work for audio BUT they were designed for video. I can use an Audio Input to Stream music from my phone through an interface that does not make it as easy or available to everyone as a "Music Input" would be.

Also Lists is not nearly as easy as Photos.

If I have a folder of MP3's and I could make a single Music Input with one click what a time saver. Also if it had fades between the audio which vMix should be able to do then it is easy and sounds professional. Basically the same controls Photos has but for Music. Using Fade Zero Fade 2 seconds Fade 5 Seconds. Like the Slideshow options except Tailored to Music. Think WinAMP without the skins.

Also I could have different folders and easily update my Music Input like I do Photos.

Lists are not nearly that easy. Compare the existing Photo Feature to lists and you see the differences in both speed and functionality.

I had over 2000 photos in a folder and vMix was able to handle it. Try putting 2000 items into a list and you may see an issue. Also it was a simple "rescan" and the images were updated.
VeloMedia  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2024 4:15:43 AM(UTC)
VeloMedia

United Kingdom

Awesome idea, I’d 100% welcome this feature.