logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aki  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2023 1:36:15 AM(UTC)
Aki

Groups: Registered

Hi.

I would love to be able to choose which mix's main and preview the multiview would show.

Sometimes I have an dedicated person doing just the camera mix while I mix everything else in vMix, like PIP's etc...
The person doing the camera mix will usually get a monitor showing the cameras (fullscreen from vMix) and a StreamDeck with Companion for control. This way we don't need a dedicated videomixer.
multiview_edit.jpg (569kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
A second Multiview would also be nice.

And before you all say, you can make your own multiview with the multilayers function in vMix, well Yes, but No because you won't get the mix's preview.

This makes for a second future request:
Could we be able to choose a mix's preview as a layer in the MultiLayer function.
This way you could make your own multiview. You could even make framing overlays. Very flexible!

MultiLayer - Mix Preview_edit.jpg (416kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
And maybe also be able to add audiometer and a titlebar.

Last option would be to make all the previews addable as inputs.
Add Input - Preview Mix_edit.jpg (161kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

What do you think?

Kindly Aki
doggy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2023 4:18:15 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aki Go to Quoted Post

And before you all say, you can make your own multiview with the multilayers function in vMix, well Yes, but No because you won't get the mix's preview.

This makes for a second future request:
Could we be able to choose a mix's preview as a layer in the MultiLayer function.
This way you could make your own multiview. You could even make framing overlays. Very flexible!

Last option would be to make all the previews addable as inputs.

What do you think?

Kindly Aki

What is the use of having the Mix previews in a multiview besides knowing what is in their preview as a reference shown on a monitor or such

The API XML contains the input numbers of their preview inputs so retrieving that is simple
Then using the SetLayer you can set those in a Mutiview
Scripting that one can automate a full (yes your own ;-) ) multiview and even adding their names to it etc

Why make the previews adaptable as inputs while they are allready there as exisitng inputs ?

What I Think? WHY?
Aki  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2023 4:47:13 AM(UTC)
Aki

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post

What is the use of having the Mix previews in a multiview besides knowing what is in their preview as a reference shown on a monitor or such

The API XML contains the input numbers of their preview inputs so retrieving that is simple
Then using the SetLayer you can set those in a Mutiview
Scripting that one can automate a full (yes your own ;-) ) multiview and even adding their names to it etc

Why make the previews adaptable as inputs while they are allready there as exisitng inputs ?

What I Think? WHY?

Hi.

Scripting is simple for some, but not for everyone.
If I want to make a multiview with preview for a mix which is not the main mix, I should not have to do scripting.
Being able to design your own multiview, just adds to vMix's flexibility, which is one of the things I love most about vMix.
doggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2023 5:19:58 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aki Go to Quoted Post

Scripting is simple for some, but not for everyone.

so is making a production ;-) but if one has specific needs one adjusts and learn or ....

Quote:

If I want to make a multiview with preview for a mix which is not the main mix, I should not have to do scripting.
Being able to design your own multiview, just adds to vMix's flexibility, which is one of the things I love most about vMix.

But you can design your own Multiview ! Callng it in fullscreen will be by the input # instead of the "Multiview"

part of its flexibility is the use of scripts catering to each's specific needs instead of a one for all ;-) not to mention the tons of shortcuts, dynakic inputs/values etc

but that's just me

btw if you put the URL as "http://127.0.0.1:8088/api" and the xpath as "//mix" in a XML datasource Manager you have it by the numbers ;-)

robert5521  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2023 4:15:26 PM(UTC)
robert5521

Spain

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It seems like doing a personalized multiview can impact the computer performance MORE than using the built-it multiview. Is that true?
I too find the Vmix multiview too limiting and very little customizable
thanks 1 user thanked robert5521 for this useful post.
Aki on 10/17/2023(UTC)